Tendons V/S muscle growth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tendons V/S muscle growth

I read you guys telling newbies and what not using gear from time to time about being careful with injuries due to weak tendons not being able to handle the weight/strength gains. I been lifting for years all though not really as serious until the last 3-4 and really not a lot of steroids til the last couple years. I had a young man I know well ask me to hook him up w some juice and after listening to him I feel his hunger and thought about helping him out if he listens to me about proper pct and basically everything I have learned from you guys. He been lifting seriously going on 2 years now and wanted to jump on test/dbol lol I explained best I could that was not the best idea and a basic test-e cycle wouid be better for him and his body and then after proper pct he could go ahead and add the oral for his next cycle. After more questions he asked one I really didn't know and that being how long does it take tendons to grow v/s muscle? I mean is there even a proper ratio to go by? I just always looked at it as how long you have been lifting, how many years under your belt would mean your tendons are good and strong. But for someone younger in the game idk really.

There's no strict guidance that I'm aware of its just generally known to bw the case without impirical data. The safest way when your on course to add weights is to wait until you can get more than ten good reps before adding say 10 lb to the barbell press for example

Comment

yea best advice is to not go crazy with new found strength. its normal to want to walk into gym and explode because your muscles are capable, but the tendons, joints etc.. actually get a bit weaker. so be very careful.

Comment

I had alot of trouble with this when i was younger... experimenting with my body with and not being careful as B and Mr I said. Paying for it now. Joints are shot to shit and my tendons are weak as hell.

Definitely have to pace yourself and let your body adjust to your new strengths.

Comment

Originally posted by COLOSSUS View Post
          I had alot of trouble with this when i was younger...
          I thought you were a young cat bro..how old are you if you don't mind my asking?? Also was suprised you never played with winny with swimming being your thing..or as what I have gathered from your posts

Comment

As Mr. I said, taking it slowly helps a lot. Last year, I was pushing up the weights too fast and definitely felt it in my joints. Being 45 doesn't help, of course. This year, I have made decent gains but have taken it much slower, so I can definitely handle the weights without feeling it as much in the joints.

Comment

Working...
            X