Workout Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workout Help

Been lifting for a long time.. last year or so my gains have slowed way down, and I want to change my workout. I have been doing basically the same thing for 4 years. My workout looks like this

Chest and Tri- Monday
    Back and Bi - Tuesday
    Cardio - Wed
    Legs - Thursday
    whatever needs help- Friday

Would a full body workout be better just not many sets, if I do that mon, wed, fri... just worried im not hitting the muscle enough and needs to be done more then once a week

do you not train delts?

more important then training is diet when it comes to progress. how is your diet?

Comment

sorry do those fridays... Chicken or Turkey with sweet potato fries for lunch and supper and protein shakes in the morning/before bed/after workout. I always have snacks between meals, but just a little special k 90 cal bar.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye00 View Post
        sorry do those fridays... Chicken or Turkey with sweet potato fries for lunch and supper and protein shakes in the morning/before bed/after workout. I always have snacks between meals, but just a little special k 90 cal bar.
        when you say progress you mean you have stopped gaining weight? if so, you are going to have to increase calories. your body has adapted.

Comment

weight and strength have stayped the same.. would it better better to hit each body part twice a week?

Comment

How old are you? If you aren't too old, give it a try. Do a push/pull/legs/push/pull/legs routine. That will hit every bodypart twice a week. Otherwise, substitute one of the legs workout for cardio. Change things up, it always helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye00 View Post
              weight and strength have stayped the same.. would it better better to hit each body part twice a week?
              not really. for me training has never been what i use to push pass a sticking point. i use diet.

Comment

23 years old.. my weight stays right around 170, im only 5'7'', I just cannot seem to get any bigger.. my goal is too get my arms and legs bigger.. thanks for getting back to me guys

Comment

So just looking for any advice to get a little bigger.. i usually do 3 sets for around 7 reps

Comment

How many calories do you consume? What's the P/C/F breakdown?

Comment

that could be my problem, i dont count calories.. I usually just eat a chicekn breast with sweet potato fries for lunch and supper.. I always kinda eat the same thing everyday and just go by my weight

Comment

You are probably not eating enough. Keep track of your calories and see how are doing. Just a rule of thumb, 14-16 cal/lb of bodyweight for maintenance for a moderately active person. So, you need to be eating about 2400-2500 calories to maintain and more than that to gain.

Comment

like i said from the start. your issue is not training. trust me.

you are eating nothing.

you keep saying you eat a chicken breast and some sweet potatoe fries for lunch and dinner? is that it? you only need about 4 more meals in there bro. lol

Comment

haha i know that doesnt sound like a lot, but I think I eat plenty. I know you have to gain weight to get bigger, but I do not want to get fat.. 2 scoops of protein for breakfast, 1 before and after lifting, two scoops casein at night.. with all that added in i thought that was quite a bit, but that must be my problem

Comment

Add it all up - total calories as well as P/C/F breakdown. You'll be surprised. Use a site like fitday.com to keep track of everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X