Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single arm and bent row angle

What angle do you do these exercises at and why. I do then at 90 degrees

For me, thats one of those exercises that never feels right. one of those things where i feel the machine version better then the db version.

Comment

Machine versions all seem set at 90 degrees

Comment

i bend over at 90 then hold the dumb bell with my fingers instead of a fist grip. I find this takes the bicept out the picture a lot more, then i dont go straight up but i lift and make sort of curve back toward my leg if that makes sense. As always concentrate and make the lat hard as i go up. Using this method is so much better cause i dont feel like im pulling my spine out of line. If you do it like most people i see your using some big ass dumb bell but you dont need that much weight if your just isolating your lat. the point is to hit the lat not the bicept also so use a lighter weight than usual. Let me know man im always intested if this stuff works for others as well. Wish you the best.

Comment

Originally posted by cedubb02 View Post
          i bend over at 90 then hold the dumb bell with my fingers instead of a fist grip. I find this takes the bicept out the picture a lot more, then i dont go straight up but i lift and make sort of curve back toward my leg if that makes sense. As always concentrate and make the lat hard as i go up. Using this method is so much better cause i dont feel like im pulling my spine out of line. If you do it like most people i see your using some big ass dumb bell but you dont need that much weight if your just isolating your lat. the point is to hit the lat not the bicept also so use a lighter weight than usual. Let me know man im always intested if this stuff works for others as well. Wish you the best.
          I kind of do the same thing. Just use my hands as hooks basically.

Comment

Originally posted by cedubb02 View Post
            Thanks cebub, I'll try it, just seems there are so many people do out nearly upright, what gives?

Comment

Hey you know what is good too? For bicepts, sit on an incline bench at a 45 degree angle and use your hands as hooks for curls also. i did this for about a month and i now have that huge artery that shows in the bicept all throughout the day man. and this was before my d-bol cycle too. You wont nearly use as much weight by far but when you curl, move slow and hold the contraction for 3 sec then down slowly and repeat. Everyone i showed this to at my gym dropped the weights after a few reps and they were laughing their butts off because its no joke man. lol

i learned from youtube. The guy that demonstrated it has huge huge arms.

Comment

i have to add to that, I would do that excersize then combine it with bar curls, and take everything to failure as always and have someone spot you on the last couple of reps.

Comment

Working...
                X