Cardio - What are you guys doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardio - What are you guys doing?

Yep, I'm out of shape and I hate cardio with a passion. I don't look forward to being out of breath, my head pounding, and puking.

So, what are you guys doing for cardio? I enjoy walks, but I doubt that's going to do much for me. So yeah, I'm basically a walking Vagina, but it is what it is. :retard:

If your fat i would do 40 minutes every other day brisk walk pace slight incline.

i do 20 minutes 3 times a week when i am trying to get lean.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
      If your fat i would do 40 minutes every other day brisk walk pace slight incline.

i do 20 minutes 3 times a week when i am trying to get lean.
      When you do three 20 minute sessions, are you walking or something more intense? I can handle the walking for 40-60 minutes outside easy. I was doing sled sprints twice a week and that made me dry heave for about 10 minutes, lol.

Comment

also do cardio after weight training. most of what you will be burning will be fat instead of glucose.

Comment

I'm currently trying to do 10 mins interval HIT after weights each time

Comment

Originally posted by wheyman View Post
            When you do three 20 minute sessions, are you walking or something more intense? I can handle the walking for 40-60 minutes outside easy. I was doing sled sprints twice a week and that made me dry heave for about 10 minutes, lol.
            treadmill at 3.1 mph on 1.0 incline.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER

wtf, that would be worthless for me lol

Comment

I ride me bike every day.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                  :rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
                    wtf, that would be worthless for me lol
                    yea but you figure thats after 40-45 minutes of weight training also so the point is more to keep the metabolism going.

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
                    :rofl:
                    im serious dick. thats what i set the treadmill at. :fight:

Comment

I'm sure he can figure out what to set the treadmill at that works for him, but the point is that doing some walking on the treadmill will d a decent job if you're that out of shape and/or if you want to preserve muscle mass by not doing any highly aerobic activity. Just play with speed and incline until your heart rate is around 140 and then put on a show or music and walk until you're bored. After you get bored, walk some more.

Another option to start getting in shape is to try supersetting some of your workouts. That'll keep your heart rate up for the duration of the workout and definitely helps.

Comment

I wake up early and do Insanity with the wife. I hate it, it's horrible, makes me feel like my chest is going to explode but it's incredibly effective.

Comment

Originally posted by blm View Post
                          I wake up early and do Insanity with the wife. I hate it, it's horrible, makes me feel like my chest is going to explode but it's incredibly effective.
                          I heard about this, you must be very fit bro

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post

I heard about this, you must be very fit bro
                            I'm getting there. I only do it 3x a week. The first couple weeks I couldn't get through the warm up without taking a break.

Comment

We bike, swim , run stadiums, play tennis, kayak and have a C2 rower at home.

That fucking C2 is straight torture, no bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                              X