Average Training Duration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Average Training Duration?

I train for 45 minutes 6 mornings per week with weights, and try to get a further 45 minutes of cardio around midday time permitting.

I see my morning workouts as my main workout but always feel that 45 minutes isn't enough, I know I give my best and always feel tired afterwards. But... i always want more.

My time is restricted by opening time of the gym and getting to work on time.

What are your average training sessions?

45 minutes to 1 hour max. I work out alone and use a wristwatch, so my workouts are pretty efficient, no BS'ing and standing around.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
      45 minutes to 1 hour max. I work out alone and use a wristwatch, so my workouts are pretty efficient, no BS'ing and standing around.
      Likewise, no training partner, the odd morning to regulars but no distractions.

I have started to increase the sets and reduced the number of exercises in my routine to hit particular areas. I've done this to make sure i really hit the muscles hard.

I'm just wondering if I should look at the 'less is more' philosophy and keep to say 3 to 4 working sets per exercise.

Comment

i train about 40 minutes and then cardio about 20 minutes. anything more in terms of training i just burn out.

Comment

Depends on day.

Comment

Im at 4 days a week now I normally skip out of work and go at lunch time. Average 40 to 50 min with weights.No training partner and I do supersets a lot which is like a cardio training at times...LOL two mornings a week I do cardio before work.Thats normally 30 min to an hour depending on distance and speed I feel like on a particular am.

Comment

Working...
            X