How long have you been training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long have you been training

What injuries if any have you had and what is your style of training and if its changed.

I'll go first;

20 years
    Partial pec tear
    Lowerd back.disks pushed, but feel ok now
    I would say my style has been generally medium to moderate heavy higher rep earlier, lower rep now but about to change.

I consider this a relative clean bill of health after all that time

If you're talking about training and I consider high school: 23yrs and no serious injuries other than the normal associated with it.

Comment

weight lifiting? since the 8th grade on and off. on more than off.

Comment

Started lifting in grad school (age 21 or so) when I started playing rugby. Have been lifting for almost 25 years. My goals have varied over time but pretty much always focused on functional training with lifting as an aid to other things - sports, etc.

Only real lifting injury I have had is a couple of bouts with elbow tendinitis from doing heavy weighted pullups. Also a pulled forearm (very odd injury) when doing of all things, bicep curls.
        Last edited by Scrumhalf; 08-27-12, 08:46 PM.

Comment

since i was 16 so 13 years.

used to train heavy as shit with bad form like we all do as kids. not i train for the pump and the way i look in the mirror.

shoulder injury and other minor things over the years.

Comment

Started at 17 and I'm 39 now, so 22yrs. Only injury I have is my current complete pec tear. Which as you all know got it repaired last week. So training is going to be modified accordingly once the chest heals.

Comment

15 years, serious injury free (of course there are little strains and pains but most are linked to football not weight training).

Comment

At lest ten years so very handsome tenor which I passed on therefore it is the duty to continue it with regularly and punctually so that the stamina increase in all respect to become the body more energetic accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Nitens View Post
                  At lest ten years so very handsome tenor which I passed on therefore it is the duty to continue it with regularly and punctually so that the stamina increase in all respect to become the body more energetic accordingly.
                  Wtf does that mean?

I've been training off and on since I was 16 too. No real injuries though.

Comment

Originally posted by auri View Post

Wtf does that mean?

I've been training off and on since I was 16 too. No real injuries though.

It means after 10 years of training, you're handsome.

Or, that it's a spammer. One of those :)

Comment

Lots of training for the last 30 years.49 years old now, lots of cardio and weights.Not "body building" just strength training. The problem is on and off training cycles due to years in the Army and deployments field problems.

Most of my injuries are leg knee and ankle type stuff from just too many miles with a volkswagon on my back..:rofl:

EDIT:::::Fuck..Im a liar..when I got out of the Army I was a POS for about 10 years......and got back into it a bit over a year and a half ago...
                      Last edited by lipripper; 09-26-12, 10:12 AM.

Comment

About 15 years with about three year brake...:-)

Comment

On and off for 19 years. No serous injuries directly from training but pins and plates from broken bones have slowed me down

Comment

Working...
                          X