Weightlifter dies in power lifting competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weightlifter dies in power lifting competition

Someone search and post for me please, this is important, lessons to be learned, it was a flats bench 185kg, he was using thumbless grip, spotters were shite

Russian Powerlifter Drops 400 Pounds On His Chest, Reportedly Dies

video is nuts.

Comment

Thumb less grip, useless spotter

Comment

I hit that same weight for four the other week but had my guy stay with me all the way, from now on I think I'll use straps also

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
          I hit that same weight for four the other week but had my guy stay with me all the way, from now on I think I'll use straps also
          by guy i assume you mean 1 spotter. lol if you think he would have cought 400lbs standing behind you. would have dropped right on you.

Comment

Well he had hold of the bar

Comment

Fuck me that was nasty

Comment

Well he had hold of the bar
                i get it but if you were in a position where you somehow needed him to pull it off you without you pushing it would be all over.

Comment

:eek:

Dropped 400lb barbel on your chest completely obliterating your sternum and chest cavity?

"Here quick drink some water!"

:wack:

Comment

Originally posted by COLOSSUS View Post
                    :eek:

Dropped 400lb barbel on your chest completely obliterating your sternum and chest cavity?

"Here quick drink some water!"

:wack:
                    lol thats what i thought like water is going to do a fucken thing. but you know what, in that situation i would prob do the same thing. here have some water fella and dip the fuck out! :rofl:

Comment

I'm not actually sure that was a thumbless grip, either way shows how easy it can happen, dumbells for me I think.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                        lol thats what i thought like water is going to do a fucken thing. but you know what, in that situation i would prob do the same thing. here have some water fella and dip the fuck out! :rofl:
                        this would be me

Comment

Well hopefully organisers see this and know to call ambulance if this ever happens again, swift meds like non shock, AI s, breathing oxygen etc may have saved him.

It's made me realise how shit powerlifting is as a sport

Comment

Well hopefully organisers see this and know to call ambulance if this ever happens again, swift meds like non shock, AI s, breathing oxygen etc may have saved him.

It's made me realise how shit powerlifting is as a sport
                            No. Not call an ambulance.they need to get this to be a serious sport to have ambulances on hand. Trained professionals that know what they are doing not like those nimrods trying to give him water.

Comment

Frankly, the whole sport looks like a joke. A couple of big dudes standing around trying to prevent a bazillion pound lethal weight from landing on a guy if something goes wrong? What about having a safety bar of some sort that is well designed and standardized so that the bar cannot go below the level of the competitor's chest no matter what? It seems that it will be relatively trivial to come up with a design that can be mandated for all competitions.

No excuse for lack of safety at any level, amateur or pro. Yes, the reaction was ridiculous, but it shouldn't even get to that stage. Prevention is key more than the response after the accident.

Comment

Working...
                              X