How to know if I am over training?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to know if I am over training?

Started training 6 days a week a couple weeks ago basically because the days off from the gym I get depressed lol. I know sounds lame. Anyway, I am feeling and looking great, im sure the test and gh plays a huge role in that.

But I guess the question is, if you feel great and continue to be strong in the gym etc.. does that mean I am not over training? Is it that simple I guess is the question.

Actual weight training is no more then 30-40 min followed by 20 min cardio. Training multiple body parts twice per week.

If you are not feeling lethargic, plateauing, getting hurt, etc. you are ok. IMO, the word overtraining is overused. The human body is capable of a lot more than sometimes we give it credit for.

Comment

Depends on what you are eating and goals imo

Comment

If ur still eating all that chicken and protein drinks you should be fine id agree with scrum.

Comment

Keep training hard! Sounds like you're solid. Given the test, proper eating (I'm sure that's right on) and plenty of rest, that workout schedule's no big deal. There's complicated ways based on resting heart rate that some use to look for overtraining. If you're still getting stronger and don't feel like crap and not getting injured, you're solid. The training addiction is a strong one and it's screwed me up a couple times, but it sounds like you're keeping it check well enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
            If you are not feeling lethargic, plateauing, getting hurt, etc. you are ok. IMO, the word overtraining is overused. The human body is capable of a lot more than sometimes we give it credit for.
            However; our bodies(regardless of ones feeling)needs time to heal/recover/rest etc...It's been proven that our bodies need rest to do what I just mentioned. However; I know for a fact that being natural, we would not be able to work this hard. GH/test/etc certainly play a huge role in speedy recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
              Started training 6 days a week a couple weeks ago basically because the days off from the gym I get depressed lol. I know sounds lame. Anyway, I am feeling and looking great, im sure the test and gh plays a huge role in that.

But I guess the question is, if you feel great and continue to be strong in the gym etc.. does that mean I am not over training? Is it that simple I guess is the question.

Actual weight training is no more then 30-40 min followed by 20 min cardio. Training multiple body parts twice per week.
              So in other words, you would not be able to train this much natural. But my thoughts on your training is a bit excessive; I do the same. I don't feel the same if I don't do my regimens....Off or On.

Comment

Sound too much to me, you'll burn out

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
                  Sound too much to me, you'll burn out
                  haha not me. i may back it down at some point but burn out is for people who enjoy other things. like you, you take up eating cake and such. :thumup:

Comment

Yeah yeah, you'll come back to me

Comment

to ronins point, although we may not feel like we are overtraining the body may not necessarily signal it. not to sound like a pussy but when you take a day or a couple days off that first workout or two back is full steam 110% take no prisoners. when I workout 8 days/week the workouts diminish and my strength/size gains plateau.

Comment

Originally posted by GrowthMan View Post
                        to ronins point, although we may not feel like we are overtraining the body may not necessarily signal it. not to sound like a pussy but when you take a day or a couple days off that first workout or two back is full steam 110% take no prisoners. when I workout 8 days/week the workouts diminish and my strength/size gains plateau.
                        i can agree with that for sure. first day back after an off day definitely looks and feel bigger and stronger. BUT, that day off is torture.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post

i can agree with that for sure. first day back after an off day definitely looks and feel bigger and stronger. BUT, that day off is torture.
                          Trust me, those torturous days become fewer and far between. But I can't take off more than two days a week or I freak out. So what do I know.

Comment

Still feeling great. Even tempted to add in the 7th day of training.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam
                              If you will be over trained than you will feel some pain,weakness and many other things. According to me there is no any problem if you will get over training. It will be good for you.
                              always a ball of knowledge sam! regards

Comment

Working...
                              X