best elbow supports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best elbow supports?

I've got a couple now but some days they just don't cut it. Saw the atp lineup and they seemed nice. Anyway, who has favorites?

Don't user them as I lift raw, you want warmth our strength gain?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
      Don't user them as I lift raw, you want warmth our strength gain?
      I have some tendonitis in my left elbow. So I need the support and warmth until midway through my workout.

Comment

Anything will do then, inzer etc is for strength

Comment

ATP does make good, quality products.

Comment

I messed up my elbows deadlifting, so I have had to use some of them for support and pain management. If it's for pain at all, having a strap you can tighten below the elbow helps a lot. The warmth helps manage further injury but it doesn't help with existing pain.

Comment

elbows hurt deadlifting? never heard that one before

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
                elbows hurt deadlifting? never heard that one before
                Don't know--I was working my way to a 1RM PR and developed a lot of pain, especially at my highest and it's never completely recovered. I had read tendonitis was common, but I would have expected that to go away when I took some time away from heavy DLs.

Comment

im not too familiar with tendonitus (sp?) but what i have recently learned through my roommate whos a natl level competitor and is in physical therapy that aches with elbows and knees are bc they are underworked. the muscle is bigger or too strong for the tendon and connective muscle/tissue so that needs to be strengthened.

here is the best tip i've learned as i have had problems with my elbows in the past. when doing skull crushers dont keep your elbows locked feel free to rotate the weight back incorporating your chest/back/core and squeeze the triceps at the tops this makes a huge difference and actually works the muscle better.

Comment

I can see how that would work gw, I'm just trying to work around the soreness right now and skulls make me feel like I have broken glass in the joint.....

Comment

Originally posted by auri View Post
                      I can see how that would work gw, I'm just trying to work around the soreness right now and skulls make me feel like I have broken glass in the joint.....
                      are you taking anything like letro or winny that would dry the joint out?

Comment

No brother. I may grab some deca and run that for a while, see if it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by auri View Post
                          No brother. I may grab some deca and run that for a while, see if it helps.
                          deca/gh do work, and believe it or not a month of steady glucosamine/chondroitin/msm works wonders for me.

with regards to skulls if it hurts that bad or if anything hurts that bad certainly do not do it imo

Comment

You know I was just thinking about that otc stuff. I'll have to try it at least. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                            X