Lacking bi's and traps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lacking bi's and traps

What exercises do you recommend to help them grow. Their definitely my lagging parts, and I can torture them and get no where.
    I do bi's and back together, so for bi's I start of with wide bar seated rows, than after my back routine I'll usually do standing curls against a wall, seated curls but really focus on not moving my elbows, then finish off with preacher curls. I do 4 working sets 8-12 reps

For traps I do:
    Seated DB press/ Arnold press (alternate weekly)
    DB lateral raises
    DB shrugs

All sets done with lighter weight but focusing on hitting traps, and again, 4 working sets 8-12 reps

How's your diet and sleep?

And how long have you been doing that routine?

Comment

Diets Shit right now, sleep is awesome. I don't have trouble sleeping at all. I have a Job that doesn't allow me to train or eat like I should in summer. but that's what my winters are for.

I've done that split for probably 2 months now, but every week I tweek it, reps, tempo, weight etc. it's never the same. I've worked out for years on and off, and they've always been a hard gainer. Its just shitty genes I guess

Comment

Can't grow if you don't eat.

Not sure if "shit diet" means tons of protein and cals from shit or not enough shit at all.

Might also want to look at what you tried compared to what you haven't. Some hard gainers will benefit from the basics.

Believe it or not, good old heavy squats will do wonders.

Comment

I'm definitely not a "hard gainer". I'm definitely carb sensitive, more of an endomorph. I just have trouble growing arms and traps. My back blows up when I don't even work it. Basically I'm just wondering if I need to incorporate more benificial movements then what I have posted in order to help my arms and traps grow. More sets? Less reps? Different exercises? I get all the "eat more to grow" stuff. I'm passed that.

Comment

Routine is.shit, do bicepts on another day, after chest or seperate arms day. You need to.be able to handle a good.weight with reasonable form if you wasn't guns over 20 inch

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
              Routine is.shit, do bicepts on another day, after chest or seperate arms day. You need to.be able to handle a good.weight with reasonable form if you wasn't guns over 20 inch
              What exercises do you recommend, and how many sets?

Comment

as you have seen, you have killed them and they aren't growing. you are going about it the wrong way. just like Arnold said in pumping iron, you have to sculpt the body. if other parts are growing to much you have to back off on them.

sounds crazy and most wont do it but try ONLY training those body parts for like a month. train nothing else upper body wise.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                  as you have seen, you have killed them and they aren't growing. you are going about it the wrong way. just like Arnold said in pumping iron, you have to sculpt the body. if other parts are growing to much you have to back off on them.

sounds crazy and most wont do it but try ONLY training those body parts for like a month. train nothing else upper body wise.
                  I'll give it a try. I'm obviously not going to work arms and traps everyday, so what do you recommend? Twice a week each bodypart with switching exercises everytime? And again, what movements do you recommend for optimal growth?

Comment

Originally posted by casby View Post
                    I'll give it a try. I'm obviously not going to work arms and traps everyday, so what do you recommend? Twice a week each bodypart with switching exercises everytime? And again, what movements do you recommend for optimal growth?
                    the normal movements you are already doing. trrain then 3 times a week.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                      the normal movements you are already doing. trrain then 3 times a week.
                      Ok thanks. I'll give it a try

Comment

Originally posted by decadecadeca View Post
                        Can't grow if you don't eat..
                        ^^^^:agreed::agreed:

Comment

Never had prob;em with either of these but took rockets advice using db's with your head down as much as possible anyway and I do high reps like 25 a set, squeeze at the top of the movement and the last rep of every set squeeze and hold til it fucking burns

Comment

No exercise for biceps makes me want to scream from the burn like incline db, palm up (even at rest).

Comment

I was speaking on traps but I love good old preacher curls high reps now a days for most everything..

Comment

Working...
                              X