when you get too strong you have to change your training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when you get too strong you have to change your training

I've noticed that asd I've got stronger I find myself having to use big weights on the basic excercise that put me at risk of injury.

I've had a few warning shots lately and the.conclusion I've come to is that I now need to incorporate pre exhaust so that I cannot use heavy weights.

scenario; I squat first and work up to 500lb, if I fuck up with that weight over my.spine, the.consequences are huge. However, if I leg extensions to slaughter, leg press for sets at fifteen reps, then squat last I can barely handle 220lb for ten, far less risk.

same with shoulder press, deadlift etc

discuss;

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
    I've noticed that asd I've got stronger I find myself having to use big weights on the basic excercise that put me at risk of injury.

I've had a few warning shots lately and the.conclusion I've come to is that I now need to incorporate pre exhaust so that I cannot use heavy weights.

scenario; I squat first and work up to 500lb, if I fuck up with that weight over my.spine, the.consequences are huge. However, if I leg extensions to slaughter, leg press for sets at fifteen reps, then squat last I can barely handle 220lb for ten, far less risk.

same with shoulder press, deadlift etc

discuss;
    yes I do similar to that for chest. my weak tricepts give out way before chest so I hit peck deck flys first

Comment

lighter weights higher reps. You will grow the same

Comment

Working...
      X