Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice- Time to Change It Up

Hey All!

I like this forum a lot. I'm glad it's here becasue I need some help and some motivation from you all. In October, I'll have been training for nearly five years at my gym in Chicago. I've really, really made some great, natural progress- 170 to 200 lbs. as of two years ago. Since then I've leaned down to 185-190.

Last year I did Bob Paris' Advanced FLAWLESS routine and dropped a lot of bodyfat without sacrificing muscle. It was INTENSE! I finished the program in late Novemeber and ever since then I've been just going through the motions.

I'm looking for a new routine to start in September. My goal is to pack on as much muscle and break through to some heavier poundages through the fall, winter and spring. Sometime in the spring I want to start cutting for summer.

Right now I'm doing an interim routine. I've been burned out on volume. My body and mind needed a break. Plus I just started a new job in early summer and that's been taxing me a bit.

Right now I'm hitting the gym three days a week. Here's my routine:

Mon:

Chest- 3 sets flat bench
    2 sets incline dumbell presses
    2 sets bodyweight dips

Back- 2 sets chin ups
    2 sets bar or dumbell rows
    2 sets dealifts

Wed:

3 sets squats
    2 sets leg press or hack squats
    2 sets stiff legg deadlifts
    2 sets leg curls

4 sets calf raises

ooooooops! Posted without finishing.

Here's the rest:

Wed cont: 6 sets abdominals

Fri:

Shoulders- 2 sets military press
    2 sets dumbell press
    2 sets lateral raises

Tris- 2 sets narrow bench
    2 sets push downs

Bis- 2 sets hammer curls
    2 sets barbell curls

Weight is heavy, 6-8 reps.

I usually do cardio 3X a week for 20 minutes each session- stairmaster, jogging, stairmill &c.

I know the volume's been low, but I needed a break. Right now I'm at 185 lbs. I'd like to put on ten to fifteen pounds by the end of the year and increase my basic lifts- squats, bench, pull ups &c.

I'd like to continue to put on muscle and increase my lifts through the new year and into the spring.

Can anyone direct me to a cycle of routines where I can accomplish all this?

Comment

Working...
    X