back to gym next week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back to gym next week

well .. i took 10 weeks off the gym .. had allot going on life wise and i just plain needed the break from training and gear !!!
    changing my whole way of training once i start i will be 43 next month so going to lower weights a tad and up rep range 15 to 20 rep sets .

also for first few months going to train everything by itself .. thoughts at this point are

sat ..quads
    sun .. hams ,calves
    monday ..shoulders ,traps
    tues ..back , calves
    wed .. bi's abs
    thurs .. chest
    fri ..tris abs

will do 45 min cardio on shoulder , bis and tri days

thoughts ?? looking for input .. change days of certain body parts .. etc etc

thanks

Originally posted by bigscott View Post
    well .. i took 10 weeks off the gym .. had allot going on life wise and i just plain needed the break from training and gear !!!
    changing my whole way of training once i start i will be 43 next month so going to lower weights a tad and up rep range 15 to 20 rep sets .

also for first few months going to train everything by itself .. thoughts at this point are

sat ..quads
    sun .. hams ,calves
    tues ..back , calves
    wed .. bi's abs
    thurs .. chest
    fri ..tris abs

thanks
    No days off?

I like to train all parts of legs same day. But you know what you're doing.

Comment

i like to do 20 min cardio everyday after training, even on leg day. i find that my legs cramp less by doing cardio.

so if it were me i would change the 45min 3 times per week to 20 min 6-7 days per week.

Comment

Good for you scott, maybe taske sunday off, so that your workout split gets done over eight days not seven.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
          i like to do 20 min cardio everyday after training, even on leg day. i find that my legs cramp less by doing cardio.

so if it were me i would change the 45min 3 times per week to 20 min 6-7 days per week.
          will def do that

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
            Good for you scott, maybe taske sunday off, so that your workout split gets done over eight days not seven.
            gotcha .. thanks bro

Comment

I would take a day off, but you have been doing this a long time and know your body best.

How did the 10 weeks off change your body composition? Much at all?

Comment

Originally posted by bigscott View Post

sat ..quads
                sun .. hams ,calves
                tues ..back , calves
                wed .. bi's abs
                thurs .. chest
                fri ..tris abs

thanks
                we have a similar set up but I get mine out in 4 days take 3 off. if you do back on tuesday and bis on wednesday you are pretty much hitting bis two days in a row. I know not totally hitting them but good enough to slow growth but aid in strength.

heres mine
                chest tri
                quads, calfs
                back bis
                hammy, shoulder, traps
                abs are just throw in when it feels right I donr have a set day but usaually do them day 1 and 3 lol or not at all.

Comment

Working...
                X