When it comes to your training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When it comes to your training

How hard do you really work? Be honest with yourself about this. It made me think yesterday when I had lifting followed by rolling; total time at the gym was 3.5hrs. Then a good friend of mine said; "Hey you wanna go roll at my place and work on some flow moves?"

For those that don't know, flow is where you transition from one move to another not trying to submit but more so just going with the flow.

So we went back to his place; very nice set up. We ended up rolling for over an hour. I still felt like I could go for more. Today I'm feeling like I fell off the empire state building lol.

But as I was thinking about my training; I feel mine is pretty hard core or addictive as some of my partners would say. I know taking a break is needed to recover, as to why I'm taking off today and tomorrow.

But when I lift/roll. If I'm not giving it my ALL, I feel it's a waste of time. What motivates me to be better are the competitions and also feeling superior and comfortable with myself in any situation.

I train smart and more importantly eat smart. This is the key to looking good.

Killing your body and running it into the ground with the attitude you must kill yourself everyday is not the way it works, at least with me.

that said, i train 6 days a week and do cardio 6 days a week.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
      I train smart and more importantly eat smart. This is the key to looking good.

Killing your body and running it into the ground with the attitude you must kill yourself everyday is not the way it works, at least with me.

that said, i train 6 days a week and do cardio 6 days a week.
      You can look good by training 7 days a week or twice. What matters is what you put into it while doing it; very simple.

I don't kill my body. I've accustomed my body to be the way it is; taking a beating. My thread was a simple question. When you train(not necessarily you), do you give it your all or half ass the workout?

Reason I ask is because I see so many people train, lift, etc...And see no progress behind it and complain all the time.

Comment

When you train, you need to a) have some quantifiable goals and b) have discipline to ensure that the goals are met. Most people just go through the motions in the gym, doing the same routines over and over. Moreover, people have very little discipline away from the gym, especially regarding diet.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
          When you train, you need to a) have some quantifiable goals and b) have discipline to ensure that the goals are met. Most people just go through the motions in the gym, doing the same routines over and over. Moreover, people have very little discipline away from the gym, especially regarding diet.
          Well said.

Comment

Well guess NOT many here train the way they should:disagree:

Comment

I train sexy style.

Comment

Originally posted by auri View Post
                I train sexy style.
                Thanks for the great input :tired:

Comment

Originally posted by Ronin View Post
                  When you train(not necessarily you), do you give it your all or half ass the workout?
                  i train smart and train the muscle with the goal of how i want to look in mind.

when i think of "giving it my all" i think of Dorian style training and that would not go along with how I want to look.

i give the whole lifestyle "my all" but i don't kill myself in the gym. i want a great looking body, not a body that looks like its being killed. my training style would be more Flex Wheeler/shawn ray then dorian/ronnie if that makes sense.

my question to you would be, do you give dieting your all?

Comment

i train smart and train the muscle with the goal of how i want to look in mind.

when i think of "giving it my all" i think of Dorian style training and that would not go along with how I want to look.

i give the whole lifestyle "my all" but i don't kill myself in the gym. i want a great looking body, not a body that looks like its being killed. my training style would be more Flex Wheeler/shawn ray then dorian/ronnie if that makes sense.

my question to you would be, do you give dieting your all?
                    What your perception of good dieting is different for all. The way I train and roll/lift etc....I need the food I eat and I burn it off quit easily. So stop turning this around and making it about how great your diet is and stick to the original thread topic. My diet is perfect for what I do. You could never do my training and your diet for me would suck based on my routine.

Comment

I train smart. I'm not a sissy who walks into a fitness club wearing matching Z cavarichi clothes with aviator glasses who tans their assholes and needs constant reassurance from ppl that they look good, you do.

Comment

What your perception of good dieting is different for all. The way I train and roll/lift etc....I need the food I eat and I burn it off quit easily. So stop turning this around and making it about how great your diet is and stick to the original thread topic. My diet is perfect for what I do. You could never do my training and your diet for me would suck based on my routine.
                        just remember you posting a training question on a fitness/bodybuilding forum. not a bjj forum.

so when i talk about dieting and training i am responding in a way that fits my lifestyle and my experience.

Comment

just remember you posting a training question on a fitness/bodybuilding forum. not a bjj forum.

so when i talk about dieting and training i am responding in a way that fits my lifestyle and my experience.
                          So am I. Do you not think bjj players have muscular builds? Some are bigger and leaner than you bro. We too lift like no other. I've sent you videos of some of the best and make you look like twig, come on dude. Get back on topic already.

Comment

You train six days and managed somehow to throw diet in one of your posts. I train four maybe five. That was my thread topic....training.

Comment

So am I. Do you not think bjj players have muscular builds? Some are bigger and leaner than you bro. We too lift like no other. I've sent you videos of some of the best and make you look like twig, come on dude. Get back on topic already.
                              What do I care about other people? I can post a couple thousand pictures of pro bodybuilders that make me look like a twig. This is not about other people, this is about individual training and routines. So if your training is so amazing and you "give it your all" post a recent pic and show me how great you look.

I don't doubt you give it your all when it comes to bjj. Just think you aren't looking your best these days.

Comment

Working...
                              X