Just can't do inclines!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just can't do inclines!

I can lie flat on my back and do DB presses and sit up vertically and do DB shoulder presses but put myself right in the middle with inclines and I just can't do it without shoulder pain. Weird how certain angles can be a problem but others are ok.

On the good side, almost back to decent strength without stressing out my joints.

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
    I can lie flat on my back and do DB presses and sit up vertically and do DB shoulder presses but put myself right in the middle with inclines and I just can't do it without shoulder pain. Weird how certain angles can be a problem but others are ok.

On the good side, almost back to decent strength without stressing out my joints.
    I hear ya. Sometimes regardless of how strict your posture or movement is, you will and can have pain. For example, I can't do preacher curls with the straight bar but I can with with curled bar. Hurts my wrists bad.

Comment

dont go in the middle for incline just go up to the first notch thats all you need! when doing shoulder you should stand better over all strength. If I remember correct you dont BB you are more functional strength guy. youll find it alot harder to do this way

Comment

Originally posted by Ronin View Post
        I hear ya. Sometimes regardless of how strict your posture or movement is, you will and can have pain. For example, I can't do preacher curls with the straight bar but I can with with curled bar. Hurts my wrists bad.
        ya thats most people, thats way the bar is called a "easy curl bar" cuz its easy on your wrists

Comment

Agreed rocket, you don't need big angle
          360lb incline barbell - YouTube

Comment

That really is ashame because IMO incline DB presses are the single best chest builder/shaper. Is it a weight issue or does even the lightest of weight give you pain?

Comment

Even light weights hurt. After a couple of months or staying away from inclines, I grabbed a pair of 40s and tried to warm up with them and see how they felt. No dice...

I may try to lower the bench to almost horizontal and try again. Maybe like Rocket said, I don't need to get too far off horizontal to get the benefits of incline. When it hurt, I had the bench at close to maybe 35 to 40 degrees.

Comment

Even light weights hurt. After a couple of months or staying away from inclines, I grabbed a pair of 40s and tried to warm up with them and see how they felt. No dice...

I may try to lower the bench to almost horizontal and try again. Maybe like Rocket said, I don't need to get too far off horizontal to get the benefits of incline. When it hurt, I had the bench at close to maybe 35 to 40 degrees.
                try 10-20 degre the higher you go the more shoulder involved.
                like B said you only need to do Dbell incline!
                flat bench bla thats for strong guy comps not bbing

Comment

Do you use flat bench often? The pain and injuries almost always come from there and show up in other movements. I'm on DB's only for at least a yr or light bench nothing over 315 focusing on control and squeeze and my shoulders (particularly left side) for the first time in at least 15 yrs isn't screaming at the end of the week. Ive done a lot of PT over the years and couldn't figure it out.

Comment

Have you tried hammer strength incline press?

Comment

Originally posted by jack tors View Post
                      Do you use flat bench often? The pain and injuries almost always come from there and show up in other movements. I'm on DB's only for at least a yr or light bench nothing over 315 focusing on control and squeeze and my shoulders (particularly left side) for the first time in at least 15 yrs isn't screaming at the end of the week. Ive done a lot of PT over the years and couldn't figure it out.
                      I've never benched with a barbell in over 10 years. Pretty much stick to DBs these days. I like the control much better and the fact that I am not constrained by the bar to only move in a certain way.

Comment

Working...
                      X