Sick of looking at myself in the mirror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sick of looking at myself in the mirror

Checking my progress, taking pictures etc, there's sooo much more to life and I'm outward facing, getting me down.

Anyone else get this?

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
    Checking my progress, taking pictures etc, there's sooo much more to life and I'm outward facing, getting me down.

Anyone else get this?
    As a matter of fact, yes. I was just thinking that this morning regardless of how much progress I make it seems to be never enough.

Comment

Its never ending. Oh just ten more pounds and another inch on my arms. Can't just enjoy what you have.:panic:

Comment

Yeah, these points, and also I feel fucking shallow.

Not sure if I mentioned this but my nephew has a.condition NF1.

He has some dissfigurement and disability, heart of a lion though, and I'm concerned about my lowe abdominal fat, fuck that shit in the ass.

I'm not making out I'm.mr righteous and I like the feeling of looking like a.specimen, but there has to be balance and lately there hadn't been enough

Comment

No, I dont get what you guys are saying.

I love looking at myself and seeing the progress or lack of progress. The mirror doesnt lie.

There is nothing more pleasing then looking in the mirror and just knowing you look great and the hard work is paying off. I refuse to feel guilty over taking pride in my body.

So what if its never enough, chasing that dream is what its all about.

Comment

I think sometimes it's easier to be a little more forgiving in some areas, when you feel great satisfaction in others. I might not be in the greatest shape I *could* be in, but in the end, that doesn't really make me the MOST happy anyway.

Comment

Pride is one thing. Obsessing over something you don't have and not enjoying what you have now is another.

Comment

I don't see how the 2 are connected. I can enjoy what I have while striving towards something greater. The persuit of that goal is something I truly love.

Comment

Anyone else get this?
                  I wonder if its the gear having an effect mentally???? I totally understand what you're saying. I know lately I'm looking at the world differently, with all the bullshit out there is worrying about your bodyfat % really so important? I'm not saying be a lazy piece of shit but always chasing your tail next thing you know you've missed so many more important things.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                    I don't see how the 2 are connected. I can enjoy what I have while striving towards something greater. The persuit of that goal is something I truly love.
                    What is your goal? To have great abs to hang out in your bathroom with? Not being a dick here or anything. But is that seriously all that you have to worry about in life? I could see if you where a fitness model or something where you're livelihood depended on it. Again I'm not being an ass or anything I just can't believe that's all you concern yourself with in life.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankTheTank55 View Post
                      What is your goal? To have great abs to hang out in your bathroom with? Not being a dick here or anything. But is that seriously all that you have to worry about in life? I could see if you where a fitness model or something where you're livelihood depended on it. Again I'm not being an ass or anything I just can't believe that's all you concern yourself with in life.
                      Great abs to hang out in my bathroom with.. Don't say your not being a dick when you clearly are.

Have I ever said that is ALL I concern myself with? Don't put words in my mouth.

Being in shape is very important to me yes, does that bother you?

Just because you aren't willing or simply cant get into shape doesn't give you the right to try and talk down to me because I am.

Comment

I get it Mr I. I kinda relized after second kid that the gym and diet isnt as important as it used to be. I think it is a time thing 2 kids take up so much time compared to one.
                        I wonder if I would still be like this if I had 1 or no kids?
                        I am making time for gym and even diet I think diet is worst. the time it takes to prepare meals is to much and I have to much other things going on then to worrie about cooking chicken and rice, I dont say this cuz I like junk food cuz to be honest I dont even like food its a waist of time IMO I eat for a pursose thats the only reason I eat,lol cept Oreos

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
                          I get it Mr I. I kinda relized after second kid that the gym and diet isnt as important as it used to be. I think it is a time thing 2 kids take up so much time compared to one.
                          I wonder if I would still be like this if I had 1 or no kids?
                          I am making time for gym and even diet I think diet is worst. the time it takes to prepare meals is to much and I have to much other things going on then to worrie about cooking chicken and rice, I dont say this cuz I like junk food cuz to be honest I dont even like food its a waist of time IMO I eat for a pursose thats the only reason I eat,lol cept Oreos
                          Exactly.

I'm going to try and try and prep my meals and do gym but avoid the mirror apart from face, feed the soul not the ego.

Comment

Anyone else get this?
                            So you're giving up? If you're not making progress regardless of how much work or drugs you put in, well this happens to all of us bro. Not like you're small or fat, you may carry some fat or have some imperfections but we all do to some extent. The question here is this;

Are you doing this for your own satisfaction? The boards? Someone making you feel inferior?

Originally posted by blm View Post
                            As a matter of fact, yes. I was just thinking that this morning regardless of how much progress I make it seems to be never enough.
                            I call that being greedy with ourselves. We need to find balance and be happy with it. I don't agree with you saying that it seems to be never enough

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                            No, I dont get what you guys are saying.

I love looking at myself and seeing the progress or lack of progress. The mirror doesnt lie.

There is nothing more pleasing then looking in the mirror and just knowing you look great and the hard work is paying off. I refuse to feel guilty over taking pride in my body.

So what if its never enough, chasing that dream is what its all about.
                            You know you're my boy and all...But you are very obsessed with yourself, almost too much. But I can relate in regards to my BJJ. I train my ass off 4-5 days a week if not 6 days and at times twice a day while still lifting and maintaining my 218lb frame; not easy.

But I also know when to take a step back and smell the fresh air for lack of better terms:) Not everyone on here or anywhere has the same goals. Like we've discussed too many times. Women will find your body attractive and not so attractive, like myself as well with my stocky body and far from fat. Not lean like you by any means, but lean enough and happy with it.

At the end of the day, what matters most is what YOU think. Not what WE nor anyone thinks. We both look great, but with different types of physiques; we've proven this. But I'm happy with the way I am and just because you think otherwise, doesn't make me feel less of a human being. Because at the end of the day, when you take your shirt off and walk up to me, I will slap you around like Sally:thumup:

Self TRUE confidence within ourselves is the BIGGEST weapon over anything brother. You can have all that physique and I will grab a 145lb brown belt that will make you look like scooby doo bitch.

That's like you pulling up in a Ferrari and I'm driving the GTR....Yea your shit may be more money, but I'll spank you when the light goes green:) Aesthetic means shit, having a fucking heart and putting it on the line is where it counts.

I've learned through my years to leave my ego at the door when I roll. Yea I'm big, stocky and a brute for strength for my size and I can handle myself well. But I also know that 145lb brown belt I speak about, will hand me my ass at anytime. He does all the fucking time:ninja:

What most of us don't realize is that at some point in our lives, we will need to stop AS and be natural. Are you ready for that mentally? Don't think so but I am because I've been there many times before and still have looked and felt great.

Peace:D

Comment

Originally posted by Ronin View Post
                              So you're giving up? If you're not making progress regardless of how much work or drugs you put in, well this happens to all of us bro. Not like you're small or fat, you may carry some fat or have some imperfections but we all do to some extent. The question here is this;

Are you doing this for your own satisfaction? The boards? Someone making you feel inferior?

I call that being greedy with ourselves. We need to find balance and be happy with it. I don't agree with you saying that it seems to be never enough

You know you're my boy and all...But you are very obsessed with yourself, almost too much. But I can relate in regards to my BJJ. I train my ass off 4-5 days a week if not 6 days and at times twice a day while still lifting and maintaining my 218lb frame; not easy.

But I also know when to take a step back and smell the fresh air for lack of better terms:) Not everyone on here or anywhere has the same goals. Like we've discussed too many times. Women will find your body attractive and not so attractive, like myself as well with my stocky body and far from fat. Not lean like you by any means, but lean enough and happy with it.

At the end of the day, what matters most is what YOU think. Not what WE nor anyone thinks. We both look great, but with different types of physiques; we've proven this. But I'm happy with the way I am and just because you think otherwise, doesn't make me feel less of a human being. Because at the end of the day, when you take your shirt off and walk up to me, I will slap you around like Sally:thumup:

Self TRUE confidence within ourselves is the BIGGEST weapon over anything brother. You can have all that physique and I will grab a 145lb brown belt that will make you look like scooby doo bitch.

That's like you pulling up in a Ferrari and I'm driving the GTR....Yea your shit may be more money, but I'll spank you when the light goes green:) Aesthetic means shit, having a fucking heart and putting it on the line is where it counts.

I've learned through my years to leave my ego at the door when I roll. Yea I'm big, stocky and a brute for strength for my size and I can handle myself well. But I also know that 145lb brown belt I speak about, will hand me my ass at anytime. He does all the fucking time:ninja:

What most of us don't realize is that at some point in our lives, we will need to stop AS and be natural. Are you ready for that mentally? Don't think so but I am because I've been there many times before and still have looked and felt great.

Peace:D
                              No:rofl:

Comment

Working...
                              X