Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triceps excercise in absolute isolation

Hi everybody,

I have been laying off of lifting for more than half a year now, due to a recurring shoulder pain that I am afraid will never really vanish. I probably kind of wrecked my shoulder a few years ago by overenthusiastically doing exercises of which I felt at the time that they were not good for me. I'm now considering to start doing some arm work again, but I'm afraid that the slightest strain on my shoulder will bring back the problem and even compromise my ability to do other sports (I'm into cycling now). I have been doing concentration curls for my biceps and feel like they don't put any strain on my shoulder whatsoever. What I do not know of is an isolation triceps exercise that offers the same comfort. I have been trying seated dumbell extentions but kind of immediately felt that they were not good for the shoulder because of the weight it has to support. If anyone has any more "isolationist" suggestions for triceps work it would be much appreciated.

The only thing I can think of is a tricep extension machine. Looks like a preacher curl machine but the movement is in reverse.

Comment

I've been using one of those lately. Seems to work.

Comment

I think B is right a machine is you best bet. Don't give up on the shoulder make sure you are diligent to do your rehab/prehab exercises. My shoulder was so blown up I could not even curl a 25lb db. Shoulders take time but, with diligence and intelligent exercise you can make great progress

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
          The only thing I can think of is a tricep extension machine. Looks like a preacher curl machine but the movement is in reverse.

Thats very similar to what I was thinking. I think our gyms is a Life Fitness brand or Hammer strength but same idea.

Comment

Working...
          X