Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why do you train?

Be honest.
    For me it varies, sometimes because I like the training itself, sometimes because I like the mindset it gives me, the atmosphere in the gym, other timrs to lift big and the rest for the physique it brings

Vanity, health, and feeling of well being.

Comment

simple. to look good.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
        simple. to look good.
        Thanks for your honesty

Comment

i don't understand why anyone wouldn't be honest about why they train? is looking good a bad thing or something?

Comment

i don't understand why anyone wouldn't be honest about why they train? is looking good a bad thing or something?
            Its cool but its also kinda sad if thats all you got bro TBH. I don't mean that horrible

Comment

Sad to train to look good? I don't understand.

Comment

Sad to train to look good? I don't understand.
                again, i think maybe its maybe a case of different takes on the same holistic principle;

1) If training is your main thing in life, and you only do it to look good, it appears as if you feel you are nothing without looks
                2) On balance, I don't actually believe this is the case with you, despits your comments, I would say that in that microcosm of training, your focus is looking good. Once the training is done, and subject to proper diet, you feel justified in your self. You 'then' relax, open up, become balanced, deeper into other stuff while confident in yourself blah blah
                3) with me, my take on it is actually if training is only about how I look, I would eventually feel pathetic in myself and have in the past fallen off the waggon in terms of cardio and diet because I felt sick of looking at myself in the mirror checking myself out, thinking jesus is this what life has become. What floats my boat and keeps me interested in the gym is I suppose a reflection of myself, variety, I like lifting for liftings sake, I like to do it to see chenges in my body, I like the getaway a gym brings, I like to think it goves me some health benefits, I like the atmosphere and to a point a lil bro camarardere

Comment

Without my look I would feel like nothing. This is correct. It gives me confidence and when I know I look good I can only then enjoy other aspects of life.

Comment

Without my look I would feel like nothing. This is correct. It gives me confidence and when I know I look good I can only then enjoy other aspects of life.
                    This is key I can see that, now lets just explore that, is it actually the look, or is it an OCD type switch in the brain.

My point is, later in life lets say you can't do gym, personally I don't see that happening, you have the face and jawline to look even prettier with some clint eastwood wrinkles and baring injury you can still train with the light ass weights you do now.

But supposing you can't, could there be another, replacement for that switch?

Comment

As of right now I can see no other alternative.

Comment

Cause if I don't train I look like shit

Comment

Working...
                        X