delts and tris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• delts and tris

ok I'm going to ask in here beacuse this is the moste active forum so yeah....Any recomendations for building some mass in my tris, a lil more definition in my delts.(note: im not on any type of anabolics) Thanks

I'm curious to see what people are going to say. Delts seem to be easier to build than tris for some reason. What exercises have you been doing to try and build them?

Comment

I do for my delts Dumbell/barbell Press, side raises, front cable raises..usually 4 sets maybe more if i go back after my workout, low reps most of the time but every now and then i like to mix some high reps...

Comment

Moving to training forum... sorry compaq... you are more likely to get answers there

Comment

aight ...thanks

Comment

use the search function on the top right hand corner of the board.... put in a search for delts... and a search for tris... there is a lot of great info on this board.... I will be more than happy to answer and specific questions ones you have reasearched the board thouroughly... Happy hunting

Comment

aight thanks bro

Comment

For tri's- Close grip bench, Overhead presses Skull crushers @ moderate reps.

Delts- for definition , cardio, side raises,front raises, military presses. Also shrugs. Good traps make alot of diffrence in the looks of your delts.
                Here is a web site that most of my workouts come from. Go to the exercises page. It has proved to be a great tool for me.
                www.abcbodybuilding.com

Comment

Lately, I've been doing a somewhat new excersise to begin delt/triceps day...and it seems like half the gym has adopted it into their routine. You take an olympic bar and put one end of it into a corner, so that it's braced. Add a 25lb. plate to the other end of the bar, lift it up, and grab the tip of the part of the bar where the weights go with one of your hands (place the other on your hip). Do a shallow squat, then press the bar up and out from your body. Try not to twist too much...and keep your elbow in tight to your body. Switch hands on the fly...no need to put it down. Add another 25, and do a second warm-up set. Add on that 3rd 25-lb. plate, and this might very well be your working weight the first time out. Shoot for 3 sets of 15 reps. It's a helluva lot harder than it looks, and it's somewhat dynamic, as your legs are bent and flexed, and your trunk muscles are working to stabilize your torso. Also, because the bar has some horizontal play, your assisting muscle groups have to work to keep form clean. You get a great delt pump, and your triceps get warmed up nicely for beginning your tri workout when you finish shoulders. Best 'new' excersise I've added to my routine in years.

Comment

Originally posted by hitmansb
                    Lately, I've been doing a somewhat new excersise to begin delt/triceps day...and it seems like half the gym has adopted it into their routine. You take an olympic bar and put one end of it into a corner, so that it's braced. Add a 25lb. plate to the other end of the bar, lift it up, and grab the tip of the part of the bar where the weights go with one of your hands (place the other on your hip). Do a shallow squat, then press the bar up and out from your body. Try not to twist too much...and keep your elbow in tight to your body. Switch hands on the fly...no need to put it down. Add another 25, and do a second warm-up set. Add on that 3rd 25-lb. plate, and this might very well be your working weight the first time out. Shoot for 3 sets of 15 reps. It's a helluva lot harder than it looks, and it's somewhat dynamic, as your legs are bent and flexed, and your trunk muscles are working to stabilize your torso. Also, because the bar has some horizontal play, your assisting muscle groups have to work to keep form clean. You get a great delt pump, and your triceps get warmed up nicely for beginning your tri workout when you finish shoulders. Best 'new' excersise I've added to my routine in years.
                    :confused: i need to see a video demonstration of this. i'm so lost....

Comment

yeah im a lil lost to ..I think i know what hes saying but then again idk...haha...

Comment

Dips are the mass exercise there is for triceps. Use to benches put your feet on one and keep your arms close to your body and place your hands right behind your but. Add a few plates on your lap and rep out to failure remove 1 plate and rep out again. Continue till your just doing body weight.

For Deltoids I do heavy military presses and front/side raise combo. Light weight with higher reps. 1 side lateral raise then immediately do 1 front raise this is 1 rep.

Comment

Try california presses bro. . .great forgotten tricep builder. . .
                          do 2 warmup sets of 15 reps if it is your first excercise. . .
                          Then slap on a weight that you could do 8 reps or so with normal skull crushers. . .
                          Press the bar up and do the negative portion of the skull crusher; then, instead of doing the positive part of the exercise, bring the bar forward to your chest (you just drop your elbows down and keep them tight to the body) and then press it up like a close grip bench press. . .repeat til you drop.
                          great finishing exercise but can be used as your main one as well. . .
                          keep safe
                          CG

Comment

give this shit a try to bro. Its helped me alot ever since i started doing this

Shoulders

back presses: 1 warm up set followed by 3 sets

front presses: 3 sets

side lateral raises: 3 sets

bent over raises(rear delts): 3 sets

Triceps

Cross Grip Bench Presses: try to focus more on the triceps here. 1 warm up set followed by 3 sets

overhead extensions: 3 sets

dips: i prefer weighted dips on this one bro. do 3 sets

thats all i do bro and it works man. I train triceps with chest and shoulders alone on thursdays

Sun: rest

Mon: chest/tris

Tues: legs

Wed: rest

Thurs: shoulders

Fridays: rest

Sat: Back/Bis

Comment

Working...
                            X