machine Vs free weights - time for change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• machine Vs free weights - time for change

The machines are now so good that for me in terms of risk vs reward they are a better more hassle free option for the most part

I still include free weights but it's more like once a month

1 problem for me and I know it must be a problem for you as well.

Things like the hammer strength chest press, I have a hard time getting myself into the starting position. you have to stretch your arms so far back to start the fucking movement. its fine when the weight is light but if your going heavier getting in that starting position can becaome a problem or cause injury. feels like some of the machine are made for smaller more flexable people

Comment

My goals now are 15 rep sets, 3 sets per exercise.

I'm focusing on contraction and in the case of hammer chest I hold the contraction for a moment at the top of the movement. It hurts but it's working.

Shoulder pressing 150's etc is a huge hassle to get set up and benching 400 plus only takes a slip and bug injuries can occur

Comment

Funny mr I
        I joined a gym a month or two ago and started using machines they have some insane stuff these days. Where you lift and your body is moving with the machine.

I know what B is saying but the "newer" machines have a lot more adjustments so they fit better.

Comment

That's what I mean

The newer machines are actually good

Comment

Ya took me awhile to get used to them but I'm gonna use them more and more.

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
              Funny mr I
              I joined a gym a month or two ago and started using machines they have some insane stuff these days. Where you lift and your body is moving with the machine.

I know what B is saying but the "newer" machines have a lot more adjustments so they fit better.
              Yeah love those hoist brand machines. :)

Comment

Working...
              X