I need chest thickness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need chest thickness

Alrite guys, if you haven't seen my pics yet they're in the members section... the common deduction is that i need chest thickness... It has been coming slowly but it needs a kick start. I think with some tweaking i can make a difference...

These are the exercises im using:
    not all on the same day but mixed up into two different days

Flat Bench: 230 for reps
    Incline: 225
    Dips:
    Cable flies: 110 on each side
    incline dumbell flies: 60's

all are done with STRICT form and a 4-6 second negative.

I think it could be as simple as moving my hands in a little on the bench movements to target the chest more and less of the shoulders.

sound off.... thanks

i dunno man, u do a similar routine like mine bro. Right now im doin Decline, Incline, flies, and dips bro, and the thickness is there.

Probably cause im doing reps on the 4-6 rep range. Try heavier reps man, eat more, and if that dont work try changing the routnine a bit. Add some exersices here and there.

Comment

You might try adding dumb bell presses (flat, incline, or decline) to every other chest workout. I think you can get better range of motion with this exercise vs benching. Do you have a partner? Forced reps and training to failure are what get me, and you need a partner to really take advantage of those techniques.

Comment

Thanks Juice and Faye:

Faye - i do have a partner... and we go to failure on every set, i'll probably throw some db's in, i haven't done those in a while, and they used to be one of my favorite

Comment

Originally posted by Venom X
          i'll probably throw some db's in, i haven't done those in a while, and they used to be one of my favorite

that could probably be it man. Some people respond better to dumbells than barbells or vice-versa. What ever works best for u bro, even some grow big time out of machines.:D

Comment

If you have a keen sense of what muscles certain exercises target, try to incorporate more exercises that rely less on the delts as synergists, thus marking improved strain on the pectorals and reducing deltoid growth.

This will cause the illusion of thicker pecs and improve overall symmetry

Comment

Go with a wide grip on the bench press - focus on contracting the lats when coming down.

Comment

DB's are good because you can go to failure with out a spotter.

less reps more weight is the best for strength and size.... maybe add one light weight burn out set to fill the muscle with blood..

I have also started doing a preexaustion (sp) set or two.. .for example do a concentrated exercise such as flys followed by a compound movement such as presses or dips... it basically wears out the muscle on the flys, then the dips or presses uses the tricepts to help add more stimulation to the pecs.

Comment

Re: I need chest thickness

Originally posted by Venom X
                  Alrite guys, if you haven't seen my pics yet they're in the members section... the common deduction is that i need chest thickness... It has been coming slowly but it needs a kick start. I think with some tweaking i can make a difference...

These are the exercises im using:
                  not all on the same day but mixed up into two different days

Flat Bench: 230 for reps
                  Incline: 225
                  Dips:
                  Cable flies: 110 on each side
                  incline dumbell flies: 60's

all are done with STRICT form and a 4-6 second negative.

I think it could be as simple as moving my hands in a little on the bench movements to target the chest more and less of the shoulders.

How many reps? going lower than 6 and you are going to limit size in my books. . .lots of powerlifters aren't all that thick for that very reason I think. .(usually in the lower weight classes though)

sound off.... thanks

Comment

man.. almost like mine....this is what i do
                    flat dumbell press, incline dumbell press, incline dumbell flys, dips
                    4-5 rep range 3-4 sets...do heavier weights

Comment

Working...
                    X