cardio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cardio

My approach on cardio recently is what this is about. After last years training I am looking to lose some weight. Trying to get down from 320 to 275. Please note I wear a polar T-31 non-coded heart rate chest strap that's compatible with the gym treadmills.

6 days a week taking Sundays off
    -15 minutes stairclimber puts my HR around 157 the whole time
    -20 minutes cybex upright bike on level 6 ,keeps my HR around 127
    -30 minutes cybex treadmill 3mph/3.0 incline HR about 138
    -abs(60 weighted crunches, 60 leg raises, 30 weighted cable crunches)

2 days a week(a self designed "cutting routine")
    -6 sets 10 barbell shrugs
    -4 sets 5 & 2 sets to failure on shoulder press
    -3 sets 15 triceps pushdowns
    -2 sets 10 overhead cable triceps extensions
    -3 sets 10 lat pulldowns
    **I was taught to skip biceps and chest on cut ups as it could diminish your gains from your mass routines**

That's it. I started with some step ups and squat jumps but didn't like them so I cut them from program. Not the most clever program but it keeps my heart going and keeps me sweaty. I'm considering running 2 miles, 2 times a week in a 12 pound weight vest... I'll see how it goes. No drugs or supps, just watching my diet and some cardio... I'll keep my results posted.
    Last edited by frankenstein; 01-10-16, 08:36 PM.

Key to determine sucecss is whether you are losing weight (or gaining CV fitness, or both) without losing strength. As long as this is happening, you are on the right track.

Comment

I don't understand when you say no drugs or supps. Didn't you post your diet that had tons of supps in it?

Comment

Diet was from the heavy weight training programs.

Comment

cardio is the good to remain healthy

Comment

I put in my first run today in the weight vest, it lasted about 30 minutes and felt good. I've lost about 7 pounds so far and my strength is still up...

Comment

At your weight, unless you are a serious athlete, I would avoid plyo. Chances of injury are too high. I would wait a bit until you have had chance to shed more weight.

Comment

Alright, cardio is going good. I am doing the express circuit 3 times a week holding the 35lb dumbbells... Heart rate is around 150 for 30 minutes. On the alternate days I do 6 sets of 8 on incline press and 30 minutes on the recumbenant cycle on level 10, this keeps my heart rate around 140the whole time. I've lost about 9 pounds total.

Comment

A regular habit of performing at least 30 minutes of cardio-related activity five times per week will increase your endurance level.

Comment

Working...
                  X