X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some training tips to avoid injury

7 "Classic" Exercises You Should Avoid | FLEX Online

Now I'm listening!

I will also be incorporating a pre exhaust system from herein once I recommence.

agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by jack tors View Post
      agreed.
      Your one of the real deal on here jt, strong guy and thick no doubt. I feel like my body will make a full recovery from this but where previously I would be bent towing 400 lb week after week and ripping out with 500 lb + on dl you get complacent with handling those poundage after a while.

If instead you can impart pre exhaust and stick to excercise that don't threaten the lumbar region so much you dramatically reduce the chance of serious injury

Comment

Yeah I need to be smarter about lifting. Guy I know put it in perspective for me he said do the math 500lb's x 10 reps x 5 sets = 25,000lb's

I'm looking for a good replacement for the squat. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by jack tors View Post
          Yeah I need to be smarter about lifting. Guy I know put it in perspective for me he said do the math 500lb's x 10 reps x 5 sets = 25,000lb's

I'm looking for a good replacement for the squat. Any suggestions?
          You've spent years squatting do that shape and depth is ingrained you won't lose it by switching to Smith, the head surgeon that did my op was a weightlifter himself and said 45 degree leg press to 90 degrees poses no risk. Hacks are also ok.

By the time you do 3-4 sets of leg extension at 20 reps a set you'll be fine going onto any of the above.

Comment

Thanks brother I appreciate the suggestion

Comment

Some training tips to avoid injury

I'll add parallel to the floor lateral raises to that list too. You don't need to go pass half way to get a great isolation with out putting stress on the joint. Specially on the bursa sack.

Comment

^are you saying side raises only need to go to lateral ?

Comment

May be an idea to create a bodybuilding "excercise form" sub folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr I View Post
                    ^are you saying side raises only need to go to lateral ?

I'm saying, you don't have to go this high.

You can stop right about where he is or even inch or two before his level.

Comment

When you go too high it pinches the bursa sack and causes bursitis. I've seen too many guys walking around with fucked up shoulders because they wanna throw 50-60lb dumbbells up and down.

Comment

I have delts today beast. I'll try this and see if I feel the same burn. I'll keep same reps and weight as normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                          I have delts today beast. I'll try this and see if I feel the same burn. I'll keep same reps and weight as normal.
                          It's going to feel super easy at first but don't just stop because it feels easy. Trick is to do a high rep first set until you feel the crazy burn. Then switch to your regular sets. :)

I know you gonna say oh that high rep crap again, but just try it. ;)

Comment

I'll try it. Need a quick shock style workout to change shit up.

Comment

Well damn, other than the behind your back shoulder press all the other exercises are staples in my routines.

Comment

Working...
                              X