• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Coleman Greatest Lifts Ever

Insanity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3vO_ogtpUI

Pure inspiration

Comment

thoughts Mr.I? random comment from what seems to be a retard but bring up something interesting. coleman seems to be MORE injured than everyone else. Jonny Jackson is known to kill himself with crazy weights yet he's still doing his thing in the gym etc.. Kaz is old but i still seem him hosting WSM on tv and his arms are bigger than ronnies. i get ronnies spinal injuries caused this but why did this guy fuck himself up seemingly much worse than other hardcore lifters?

Bil Kazshmier lifted more than Coleman! All great strongmen lifted more than Coleman. All the Heavyweigt weightlifters lifted more than Coleman. A LOT of powerlifters was stronger than Coleman. Heavy lifting dosent make you to a cripple...CT Fletcher was stronger than Coleman...Johnny Jacksson was atleast as strong as Coleman or even stronger by less bodyweight!

Coleman is the only crippled ex lifter out there actually! SOmething happed to his body no one can explain. Would be nice to hear the story of the stransformation to crippelness, but I doubt he can tell us why...maybe he is sto stupid to be aware or maybe he total ignore every INJURE in his body and pray to God and continue...I dont know. Something is strange! Dude is in cometition shape. But arms 1/10 of orgiginal size and torso same size . Fucking strange!

Comment

from some "pre-contest self proclaimed guru"

Mercury based diuretics dried out his bursa sacks in his sonovial joints
        anyone ever heard of something like this? bs?

Comment

As the poster said....I think Ronnie was just stupid and stubborn, like most....he kept going and going. We all praise Ronnie for his brute strength, but many many other guys were and still are stronger than coleman.

It was fun to see coleman train, dude was reckless. CT Fletcher us no joke...fucking guy may be annoying or tlk shit, but that nigg is stupid strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
            from some "pre-contest self proclaimed guru"

anyone ever heard of something like this? bs?
            I can see the rationale behind anyone thinking this

Comment

Mercury based diuretics Rado. You've heard of them or are you just typing words that have nothing behind them again? We are not talking about normal diuretics here.

Comment

Mercury based diuretics Rado. You've heard of them or are you just typing words that have nothing behind them again? We are not talking about normal diuretics here.
                Lasix is one of the mercury based diuretics. I don't need to hear about something for me to agree with a comment.

We can all speculate what he took or not, and I don't buy it unless I've heard it from the source. Many people will misconstrue or twist up what they hear and talk nonsense.

Yes I know all the pros took similar stuff and why aren't they all fucked up?

Comment

I think ronnie also lifted super heavy when his bf% was super low compared to other strongman and even bodybuilders. There was no taking it easy with him. Kaz or any of the other strongman always had a nice lubricating layer of fat and water to protect them compared to ronnie. They also run drugs to help them lift more and train heavier, ronnie did too...but he also lifted super heavy on drugs that are meant to dry you out as we have discussed in the past on other threads.

Comment

Originally posted by epix00 View Post
                    I think ronnie also lifted super heavy when his bf% was super low compared to other strongman and even bodybuilders. There was no taking it easy with him. Kaz or any of the other strongman always had a nice lubricating layer of fat and water to protect them compared to ronnie. They also run drugs to help them lift more and train heavier, ronnie did too...but he also lifted super heavy on drugs that are meant to dry you out as we have discussed in the past on other threads.
                    2 names. Maruius pudzoski, and jonny jackson. both ripped and lift tons for years.

Comment

2 names. Maruius pudzoski, and jonny jackson. both ripped and lift tons for years.
                      mariusz pudzianowski never has been in the low single digit bodyfats or ran the same type of gear as ronnie. and jonny isn't as old as ronnie yet, so who knows if he will end up needing crazy surgeries as well. Hes 45, at 45 ronnie wasn't a cripple yet either.

edit: plus ct fletcher is falling apart right now, have you seen his recent videos? he can barely walk.

Comment

good points. i think there is more to it than bf% though. granted pudz wasn't as lean as ronnie he was certainly very lean during much of his career. under 10% on many occasions.

Comment

good points. i think there is more to it than bf% though. granted pudz wasn't as lean as ronnie he was certainly very lean during much of his career. under 10% on many occasions.
                          yeah im sure it is more than just bf%,i just think it is something that doesnt help. It's like why do Mr. I and me have certain back injuries and other people don't who train just as hard as us. Im sure some of it is predisposition and genetics. Part of it is training style, some of it is luck, some of it is the compounds we run. There are so many factors.

Comment

Dexter comes to mind. I'm sure he was easier on his body in terms of training compared to Ronnie but you don't get to dexters level doing high reps with 20lb dbs either. yet here he is apparently injury free and beating guys at almost 50.

Comment

It's simple, bodybuilders lift more weight.

The guys comments are pure ignorant shit.

I'll explain; powerlifters and strongmen all period is e their training and much of the season work with a light weight lifting it fast. It's all about explosiveness and just going from A to B.

A bodybuilder if purely concerned with hypertrophy so puts the muscle in the most exposed position to isolate it and work it as hard as possible whereas strongmen, weightlifters and powerlifters protect the muscle and tendons where possible but using technique to shorten range of motion etc.

When you consider the amount of excercises * tge amount of reps * the amount of poundage. A bodybuilder lifts far more over the season than any other form of strength athlete, way more, and it's continual. That's where the damage is done. Ronnie probably squatted 600lb plus for many reps and sets almost weekly for nine years. That's just one excercise. Even in terms of that one excercise I guarantee no powerlifters or strongmen do that.

Comment

Working...
                              X