When on AAS does your routine change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When on AAS does your routine change?

So I am trying to learn as I go along and ask questions as I think of them. When your on gear do you change the workout routine scheme? I know the intensity level goes up, but I'm more curious of sets and rep counts. For example one of the chest routines I do is after warm ups, I do 4 sets of heavy db presses in a pyramid rep scheme of 12,10,10,8. Sets 2 and 3 are about 1 rep from failure and set 4 is to failure. I follow up with incline DB presses with pretty much the same rep scheme and points to failure. I then do 2 auxiliary movements in the form of incline/flat flyes or cross overs and a couple of sets of incline/decline push ups to failure. Do you guys change the set amount and go higher reps since of the recovery aid? Just curious on thoughts of the more experienced.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Erod13; 07-06-16, 01:26 PM.

well usually it does just because you get stronger and have more energy. but be careful or you could end up like me passing out and in the hospital lol.

AAS allows you to train harder and heavier and more often then you could naturally. but people dont realize that your central nervous system is not enhanched in the same way as your muscles are. so while your muscles may be fine you may still be over training your CNS which can lead to all kinds of problems.

bottom line, train hard and heavy as you can BUT make sure you give proper rest. thats the part I didn't do and i paid for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
      well usually it does just because you get stronger and have more energy. but be careful or you could end up like me passing out and in the hospital lol.

AAS allows you to train harder and heavier and more often then you could naturally. but people dont realize that your central nervous system is not enhanched in the same way as your muscles are. so while your muscles may be fine you may still be over training your CNS which can lead to all kinds of problems.

bottom line, train hard and heavy as you can BUT make sure you give proper rest. thats the part I didn't do and i paid for it.
      What you mean you paid for it? What are you experiencing now that you could of avoided in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by JackedJimBean View Post
        What you mean you paid for it? What are you experiencing now that you could of avoided in the past.
        I over trained so much that I ended up passing out and nailing my head on the floor and jamming my shoulders.

Basically AAS allow you to push way past normal limits and somethings gotta give after awhile.

Comment

Working...
        X