Sports Therapy Massage and Bloodflow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports Therapy Massage and Bloodflow

So this is nothing new and there is a plethora of research to support it. I just thought I would share my experience for anyone new to the game.

I spent about a year deployed and I did the squat everyday plan to try to spark some leg growth. Lately I have been feeling like shit as far as the musculoskeletal system goes. That feeling that you can never stretch enough, like waking up in the morning feeling like a compressed spring.

Anyways I got a sports therapy massage today, hurt like a bitch, but hit the gym and noticed an improvement in flexibility and bloodflow. Like I said this is nothing new as far as research goes. It just amazes me that sometimes taking a step back and either adding additional recovery plans, or going back to the basics and you can make improvements. Sometimes I get so caught up trying to move forward.

I plan on getting a Sports massage once a month. Anyone else do something similar?

(If this thread is in the wrong area I apologize and I'm an asshole)

I love a good massage. I am getting back into them this month. I have one scheduled for the end of the month and then plan to do one every 60-75 days.

Comment

Yea I could use some deep tissue for sure. I remember old Jay Cutler videos where he would get them done all the time.

I go in for some trigger point injections pretty soon due to tight ass muscles and knots in my upper back and scapula muscles. When they get really bad the pain is enough to put you in tears. In the meantime Valium definitly helps. People think of it as an anxiety drug but it also happens to be the best muscle calming/relaxing drug I have ever used. I've used so called "muscle relaxers" and none of them did shit.

Comment

Working...
      X