No announcement yet.

Stretching Upper Back, Rhomboids, and Scapula

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have your gf give you a myofascial release massage. Also, use a TENS machine on your spasm areas and knots, you can pick up a decent one for cheap.

Comment

tens machine doesn't go deep enough bro. the muscles in my back are thick and those damn machines hit surface spasm. they literally don't even come close to the area that I need it to hit.

Comment

Just keep working on your non-bodybuilding type movements. It will get better every day. A little bit at a time goes a long way. Also, this exercise will be great for you. All you need is a wall. I try to do these daily. Looks simple but will be hella difficult for you bro:

Stick Ups:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1y9z7g1CMs

Comment

Originally posted by M00chie69 View Post
          Just keep working on your non-bodybuilding type movements. It will get better every day. A little bit at a time goes a long way. Also, this exercise will be great for you. All you need is a wall. I try to do these daily. Looks simple but will be hella difficult for you bro:

Stick Ups:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1y9z7g1CMs
          Christ im tight. Cannot even come close to getting my wrists against the wall.

Comment

Moochie I tell ya what helps me. I place the back sides of my hands behind my back and sort of just rest them on my ass. Then I stand up as straight as I can with chest out and head back looking at ceiling. That whole area I feel pain in trembles and I get almost immediate relief. Any idea the exact muscles I'm stretching when I'm doing that? I feel like it must be scapula/traps/rhomboids/rotators but seems like specific movements give me relief I'd really like to pinpoint exactly that area so I know exactly where to focus the stretching.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
              Moochie I tell ya what helps me. I place the back sides of my hands behind my back and sort of just rest them on my ass. Then I stand up as straight as I can with chest out and head back looking at ceiling. That whole area I feel pain in trembles and I get almost immediate relief. Any idea the exact muscles I'm stretching when I'm doing that? I feel like it must be scapula/traps/rhomboids/rotators but seems like specific movements give me relief I'd really like to pinpoint exactly that area so I know exactly where to focus the stretching.
              I think you're muscles are just constantly constricted and tense.

I'm thinking it's more rotators than anything. Those stick ups are really tough for me. I can get everything on the wall just fine but it kills me to raise my hands up above my head while staying connected to the wall. I get better every day but have to keep doing it. I had a friend try it who has never lifted before and he was able to do it easily and looked at me like I'm crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by M00chie69 View Post
                I think you're muscles are just constantly constricted and tense.

I'm thinking it's more rotators than anything. Those stick ups are really tough for me. I can get everything on the wall just fine but it kills me to raise my hands up above my head while staying connected to the wall. I get better every day but have to keep doing it. I had a friend try it who has never lifted before and he was able to do it easily and looked at me like I'm crazy.
                I think your right. My girl can do all that shit easy.

On one hand I've trained myself to be able to lift weights in a gym in a certain position and angle better than 99% of the planet. Yet on the other hand I can't do basic things that the average person can do easily. Kinda retarded on my part..

Should I be doing these types of stretches daily? How long per session should I be doing these stretches? I'm sure there is a point where overdoing it is harmful as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                  I think your right. My girl can do all that shit easy.

On one hand I've trained myself to be able to lift weights in a gym in a certain position and angle better than 99% of the planet. Yet on the other hand I can't do basic things that the average person can do easily. Kinda retarded on my part..

Should I be doing these types of stretches daily? How long per session should I be doing these stretches? I'm sure there is a point where overdoing it is harmful as well.

I would do it daily or even twice per day. I don't think you can overdo it. Just try to gain a millimeter each day. It will take some time.

Comment

Keep going with it B

Comment

I find that doing certain stretches while I'm in the shower really helps. That back of hands against ass and chest out stretch I feel in the tight area works even better with hot as I can stand water running down my back.

Comment

Working...
                      X