WINTER WORKOUT FOR LEAN MASS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WINTER WORKOUT FOR LEAN MASS

I am considering the following workout this winter for lean mass (no supps or 'roids just 2 egg whites and quickoats(by myprotein) in a shake pre-workout and as lean a diet as I can muster!):

15 minutes on the bike every day for a warm up.

Day 1
    Bench Press 2(sets) X failure
    Incline Press 2 X failure
    Cable Flys 2 X failure

Alt kettlebell Shoulder Press 3 X 10 (heavy)
    Front and Side Laterals 2 X failure

{
    Crunches
    Reverse Crunches
    Alt Side crunches to toes
    Hip Ups
    pikes
    planks
    }=all 1 minute each

2 miles on treadmill (best pace, increase 1/2 mile monthly)

Day 2
    Squats 2 X 10
    Lunges 2 X 10
    Deadlifts 2 X 10
    Power Cleans 2 X 10

Wrist curls/Reverse wrist curls 2 X 20
    Reverse curls 2 X 20
    Farmer’s walks 3 X 4 lengths (of the aerobic studio maybe 30yards)

Day3
    Lat pull down 2 X 20
    Shrugs 5 X 10
    Standing and seated rows 2 X 20
    Pull-ups (flex hang max time X 2)
    Full bicep curls and hammer curls 2 X 15

{
    Crunches
    Reverse Crunches
    Alt Side crunches to toes
    Hip Ups
    pikes
    planks
    }=all 1 minute each

2 miles on treadmill (best pace, increase 1/2 mile monthly)

Day 4
    OFF
    Last edited by frankenstein; 08-15-16, 01:32 PM.

I'm more curious about your food intake before I give my thoughts on your routine for fat loss. Post up your exact meal plan if possible.

Also, water intake? I know many post that they drink bla bla bla gallons a day, but do they really drink that much a day? Drinking minimum a gallon a day is so crucial, even those who don't lift or train that much. I don't know how people can not drink a minimum of that, especially if you train.

Are you on any type of meds? Blood pressure, cholesterol, etc....

Comment

I hate the routine. I wouldn't do that

Comment

And if I remember correctly, are you not some like behemoth size? And looking for leanness?

Comment

If it's something completely different from what you've been doing than it will shock the body so it's a good thing.

I'd like to see a little more emphasis on diet importance from you though. In terms of changing the look of a body, diet is more than half the battle. So you really have to get in your head how important it is.

Any reason why no supps? Things like creatine can help especially when off cycle.

Comment

My "behemoth" size is why I seek lean, steroid free mass. I think the workout features a heavy total "workload" and a decent cardio content, this combo should burn fat and produce mass. The past year I have lost 30 pounds and my body fat has decreased around 7%.As far as water goes...yes, I should drink more, a gallon for hydration and appetite suppression??.. I'll post more exact diet information when I can... Figure that oat end egg shake for breakfast, a lean salad for lunch and 1 chicken breast poached with 1 cup of steamed brown rice for dinner.. As far as the supps go, I want to feel the mass come in naturally, no bloat or anything.. I know creatine can create mass,I lose it when I stop.. So Why? I did consider protein but my body is telling me to stay natural. As far as meds go, yes I'm on blood pressure, diabetes and cholesterol meds(old age and obesity man).... I have been approved for working out by my doctors,(yes, I asked)...
            Last edited by frankenstein; 08-15-16, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by frankenstein View Post
              I know creatine can create mass,I lose it when I stop.. So Why? I did consider protein but my body is telling me to stay natural.
              When you stop working out you will lose the muscle you gained. When you stop doing anything th results will go away. So I don't really get your creatine argument. It's been proven in countless studies to be healthy and side effect free.

Protein isn't natural? From what I see of your diet your only eating 3 meals per day right? A PWO shake would definitely be helpful IMO.

All in all though I don't want to sound completely negative. You've lost 30lbs so your obviously making great progress. Props

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                If it's something completely different from what you've been doing than it will shock the body so it's a good thing.

I'd like to see a little more emphasis on diet importance from you though. In terms of changing the look of a body, diet is more than half the battle. So you really have to get in your head how important it is.

Any reason why no supps? Things like creatine can help especially when off cycle.
                for the entire winter?

Comment

I don't always workout year round. I take breaks and change emphasis for fun... I just don't want to add the protein shake right now, if I feel tired or weak I can always add it

Comment

I don't always workout year round. I take breaks and change emphasis for fun... I just don't want to add the protein shake right now, if I feel tired or weak I can always add it
                    You don't really train so that routine is good for you

Comment

I have weight trained since the spring of '83...
                      In the fall of '90 I benched 570... as far as I know it's the record at my colleges weight room, and power cleaned 335, yes I was on "juice" as we all were, it was supplied by my college and was "mandatory" as far as I could tell.

{In the spring of '94 I finished 5th in NASA nationals at heavyweight..
                      In the fall of '94 I set an NASA American record in the Squat (705) in 275lb weight class.
                      The same day I set an American record in the bench at 402.. All of this done in gear as "raw" wasn't really popular back then.}= DRUG FREE.

I benched 445 in 2009 at about 290lbs and 38 years old...
                      I've dead lifted 551.. ('93 NASA college nationals)

I can currently overhead press about 365.. and I don't train it..

so, yes I really do train... now I am 44 and have a job, a college degree (in a real field by the way(computer science), not fitness) financial responsibility, live on my own, and have a family, we go play mini golf, race go karts, laser tag, go to theme parks, go to the pool and generally spend time together.. this has put weight training on the "back burner" if you will.. while I appreciate your dedication to working out.. please understand that to some it's truly a "hobby"
                      Last edited by frankenstein; 08-16-16, 08:27 PM.

Comment

I have weight trained since the spring of '83...
                        In the fall of '90 I benched 570... as far as I know it's the record at my colleges weight room, and power cleaned 335, yes I was on "juice" as we all were, it was supplied by my college and was "mandatory" as far as I could tell.

{In the spring of '94 I finished 5th in NASA nationals at heavyweight..
                        In the fall of '94 I set an NASA American record in the Squat (705) in 275lb weight class.
                        The same day I set an American record in the bench at 402.. All of this done in gear as "raw" wasn't really popular back then.}= DRUG FREE.

I benched 445 in 2009 at about 290lbs and 38 years old...
                        I've dead lifted 551.. ('93 NASA college nationals)

I can currently overhead press about 365.. and I don't train it..

so, yes I really do train... now I am 44 and have a job, a college degree (in a real field by the way(computer science), not fitness) financial responsibility, live on my own, and have a family, we go play mini golf, race go karts, laser tag, go to theme parks, go to the pool and generally spend time together.. this has put weight training on the "back burner" if you will.. while I appreciate your dedication to working out.. please understand that to some it's truly a "hobby"
                        Its all good brother. I think enjoying life is the most important thing whatever that is if you enjoy it. I should have worded it differently. posted from the phone.

Comment

NP... Thanks for the understanding

Comment

Working...
                          X