Bouncer's Return To The Gym

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bouncer's Return To The Gym

So after 4 months recovery from spraining the hell outta both shoulders it's time to return. My mind and body needed a bit of a break so all in all it was a good thing in the long run I think. Won't lie though, staying away from something I love so much has definitely not been easy. Fucks you up a bit mentally.

I'll be starting out real slow with low weight and just kind of going through the range of motions. My shoulders have healed but in doing so have become a bit stiff in that process so I gotta start out slow and loosen them up.

Gonna have to leave my ego at the door for awhile that's for sure. 20lb db shoulder presses isn't exactly going to be impressing anyone haha.

I figure I'll be back to normal by new years. That's the goal. Start out slow, get the range of motion back, then increase the weight as it feels more and more comfortable.

I'll certainly have 1 advantage. After 4 months away I'm excited and inspired as fuck to get back in the gym and feel good again.

Good stuff man. How much size have you lost?

Comment

I stayed on test and deca and added in GH after the injury to help with healing. Because of that I'm roughly the same weight.

With that said, I'm definitely holding the weight a little differently. Muscles obviously lost the full pumped look compared to training 5 days per week. And because I increased my cals (on purpose again to help with healing) I put on a bit of fat. In a shirt you can't tell much difference. Shirt off I can definitely see the difference. Nothing I can't get back quick though.

I'm sure I would lost a shit ton more had I came off test/deca and not added gh. I don't regret that at all. I would have been a serious mental case with not only being injured but also having the hormone level of an old woman, fuck that.

Comment

Bouncer's Return To The Gym

If I were you I would take a pic the first day you go back and then compare it to your goal which is New Years. Not that you need anymore motivation but it'll definitely get that ego back lol

Comment

Pics or gtfo...

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post
            Pics or gtfo...

Lolz so blunt

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post
              Pics or gtfo...
              Pics of what? A shitty version of myself out of the gym and injured the past 4 months? Fuck that. I'll be glad to post when I'm back to my Superman self.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                Gonna have to leave my ego at the door for awhile that's for sure. 20lb db shoulder presses isn't exactly going to be impressing anyone haha.

Reminds me of a video I just saw on YouTube. I like this guy...

Let's see if this link works.

https://youtu.be/_dNLybIysms

Comment

Originally posted by FrankTheTank55 View Post
                  Reminds me of a video I just saw on YouTube. I like this guy...

Let's see if this link works.

https://youtu.be/_dNLybIysms
                  Had to kind of say wtf when he said "women don't do this". Guy is smoking crack. Women are the biggest posers/watchers of other women in and outside of the gym.

Comment

Had to kind of say wtf when he said "women don't do this". Guy is smoking crack. Women are the biggest posers/watchers of other women in and outside of the gym.
                    I think they watch each other but dont try to impress each other. Women do seem to be more focused on their workout more then alot of guys I see. I see guys trying to look macho when really nobody cares. We need to do whats best for our bodies and if thats using 10lb dumbells thats ok.....lol But I know that feeling. I just stay in the hoodie for a few weeks.

Comment

Good deal bouncer. Good luck man. Like you said keep the ego at the door and do you

Comment

I'm still curious to see if it's going to be a mindfuck while in the gym, pushing yourself and feeling a bit light headed and dizzy. Will you stop and get anxious or will you keep pushing? Let us know how that aspect of it goes, mentally.

Comment

I don't think that's going to be much of a problem. Think that had more to do with the orals I was running looking back. It was 3 weeks into the cycle that I had added in dbol. Had gained just over 12lbs of mostly water weight. That combined with the amount I was sweating in and out of the gym made for a bad combo of dehydration. It was mid June and everyday was well over 100. I simply avoid that mistake and job done. But if by chance I do get dizzy I now know to sit the fuck down instead of keep standing like a dumbass. I was dizzy a good minute or so before I passed out, all I had to do was sit or lay down and I would have been injury free. Fucken stupid when I think about it.

Comment

Pics of what? A shitty version of myself out of the gym and injured the past 4 months? Fuck that. I'll be glad to post when I'm back to my Superman self.
                            As the donkey of this board would say.

"We realists" :retard:

You've called out other's while at their worst, but hey not you:wave:

Even though I'm busting your nuts and you'll do better being back, doesn't take away that YOU of any member here, has always blasted other's for not posting pics, looking good or not...just sayin

Comment

Good for you man. You'll be fine. You'll have no problem making adjustments if needed.

Post up a sloppy pic. I posted being out of the gym for 3 months and off everything. Your off cycle is probably double my on cycle. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X