Deadlifts for leg growth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadlifts for leg growth

Ok so I want bigger legs and I train legs once a week well this guy in the gym who I have a lot of respect for simply because he has a goal and he's in there busting his a$$ every time I see him. He's telling me if I want bigger legs to add deadlifts into my workout. I worked out a lot in the 90s for many years took many years off and started back a year or so ago but n the 90's guy's hardly ever did deadlifts at least in the gym I was at but I guess my question is are deadlifts that effective for leg growth? Don't get me wrong I know legs are involved with deadlifts but how effective are they for growth?

It'll help with hamstrings but it's more a back/core exercise IMO.

Do you have a hack squat machine? Single best leg exercise IMO.

Comment

Well a deadlift primarily targets your hamstrings, lower back, quadriceps and glutes.

I do them once a week with back.

Comment

There are multiple ways to do deads. Stiff leg deads tend to target the legs a bit more.

Comment

Seemed to help mine https://youtu.be/y11kxuaq1qo

Comment

Originally posted by Mr I View Post
            The moment you snapped your spine I presume? :D

Comment

Spine is fine lol

Comment

Deadlifts absolutely help with your leg strength and size. However, since you're trying to get bigger legs, I would focus on volume work. Reps and sets for days. I would also train legs twice a week

Comment

Spine is fine lol
                  you still doing deads like that since you've healed up?

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                    you still doing deads like that since you've healed up?
                    I can deadlift, bent row and squat, but I do other stuff mainly and then do those basic exceecises with a lighter weight in a rotar fashion so not all the time. I do hyper extensions every week.

Honestly though I'm just taking it easy and having fun. Last Saturday I was shoulder pressing 130s dumbbells again.

Its all there brother but I'm just not pushing the envelope until May 2017.

Comment

I can deadlift, bent row and squat, but I do other stuff mainly and then do those basic exceecises with a lighter weight in a rotar fashion so not all the time. I do hyper extensions every week.

Honestly though I'm just taking it easy and having fun. Last Saturday I was shoulder pressing 130s dumbbells again.

Its all there brother but I'm just not pushing the envelope until May 2017.
                      i dont doubt you 1 bit brother. just be careful.

Comment

^dam straight - I love Stephen Hawkins but I don't want to be him

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                          It'll help with hamstrings but it's more a back/core exercise IMO.

Do you have a hack squat machine? Single best leg exercise IMO.
                          Yes I do hacks sometimes if the squat rack is tied up.

Comment

Originally posted by dna9488 View Post
                            Deadlifts absolutely help with your leg strength and size. However, since you're trying to get bigger legs, I would focus on volume work. Reps and sets for days. I would also train legs twice a week
                            Legs twice a week is a great idea. I'm also focusing more on ass to grass squats. I've read where guy's have had great success on growth by doing so instead of the standard squats.

Comment

Ok well yeah that's the size I'm after. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X