2nd go round (please critique)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd go round (please critique)

So now that I'm somewhat healthy I am about to start my second trip with the good stuff. Stats are 5'10 225lbs 46 years old. Fit comfortably in a size 36 waist, minimal handles and pooch. Plan is to go 14 weeks at 400 test c every week, plan is to tighten up, loose size in the right places and try to put on some quality size as well.
    Macros,
    I'm a creature of habit and can eat the same thing everyday to achieve a goal (see ocd does have it's advantages)

1st)coffee black, 1/2 cup oats with 3 whole eggs & 2 egg whites
    2nd)7 ounces of chicken with 1/2 cup of oats
    PWO shake consists of 2 scoops optimum nutrition and Gatorade powder
    3rd) 7 ounces chicken or lean red meat with a sweet potato or another 1/2 cup of oats
    4th)7 ounces chicken or can of tuna with green veggies
    bedtime 1/2 cup ff cottage cheese with 1 tbsp. of p-butter or 4 eggwhites scrambled with ff cheese.

Figure high protein, decent carbs and fats. Also taking 5 fish oil caps a day.
    Routiune to follow

Routines
    Chest, I respond well to volume, heavy weight, mid to low reps
    After warm up sets:
    Incline BB presses 4x 12-10-8-8
    flat db presses same sets and rep range although I do a 5th set were I use a weight were I get to failure on the 15th rep
    chest dips, elbows flared out 4 sets to failure
    super set either cross overs or flyes 4 sets 12-15 reps with push ups to failure.

Back-Limited due to double bicep tear on the left arm
    Will attempt to do pullups in assisted machine 4 x 12-15 range
    t-bar rows 4 sets in 8-12 rep range
    pulldowns 4 sets 12-15 rep range
    machine rows 4 sets 8-12 range
    straight bar pullovers cable machine 3 sets to failure

legs- limited no catilidge left knee and just had Achilles issues
    Leg presses 5 sets 10-15 range
    leg extensions 5 sets 10-15 range
    seated or laying leg curls 5 sets 10-15 range
    both seated and standing calf raises 3 sets each exercise 15 reps

Shoulders/arms
    4 sets Arnold db presses 12-10-10-8
    lateral 25-20-15-12 reps
    4 sets shrugs concentrating on rear traps
    3 sets straight bar curl 8-12 range
    machine curls 4 sets 8-15 range
    4 sets alternate db curls 8-12 range
    weighted dips 4 sets to failure
    rope pulldowns 4 sets 10-15 range
    reverse pulldowns same as above
    either behind the head rope extensions or db skulls 3 sets to failure

Comment

I'm also a creature of habit. Here's my current meal plan. I'm 5'9" 205 and you can see abs so pretty lean. I'm not going to add my coffee and water, just food.

8egg whites 2 whole eggs & 3/4 cup of oats
      handful of almonds
      8oz chicken & 4oz brown rice
      3 hard boiled eggs, greek yogurt & handful of almonds
      8oz chicken & 4oz brown rice
      Post workout shake (gatorade w/ creatine & 40g whey)
      10oz of red meat & 4oz of potato or rice
      3 hard boiled eggs

I don't always like critiquing other peoples diets because what works for me doesn't always work for someone else.

Comment

No I appreciate all input, only way to learn. I forgot to add cardio 4-5 times a week either first thing in the morning fasted or once I'm done lifting. 30 minutes on a treadmill inclined 3 mph. Wasn't sure if creatine at this point was a good idea or not due to trying to lose some more weight. Also posted a pic of my ugly mug as my avatar. Know pic sucks, original Iphone technology there.
        Last edited by Erod13; 01-17-17, 01:20 PM.

Comment

yea there are many ways to a goal. i personally like high protein/high carb/low fat. i've said it a million times but when I cut carbs and bump up the fat my muscles deflate and I store fat.

so my diet is similar to yours erod but for me, PB or any kind of fat before bed would slow down my fat burning goals.

Comment

I like the higher carb/lower fat as well. Would creatine at this point be a good idea?

Comment

Creatine is always a good idea.

Comment

Was concerned about the water retention

Comment

Change the test to 400mg E5D. .25mgs eod adex.

Comment

Will do, does the routine look ok?

Comment

Yea

Comment

Originally posted by Erod13 View Post
                        So now that I'm somewhat healthy I am about to start my second trip with the good stuff. Stats are 5'10 225lbs 46 years old. Fit comfortably in a size 36 waist, minimal handles and pooch. Plan is to go 14 weeks at 400 test c every week, plan is to tighten up, loose size in the right places and try to put on some quality size as well.
                        Macros,
                        I'm a creature of habit and can eat the same thing everyday to achieve a goal (see ocd does have it's advantages)

1st)coffee black, 1/2 cup oats with 3 whole eggs & 2 egg whites
                        2nd)7 ounces of chicken with 1/2 cup of oats
                        PWO shake consists of 2 scoops optimum nutrition and Gatorade powder
                        3rd) 7 ounces chicken or lean red meat with a sweet potato or another 1/2 cup of oats
                        4th)7 ounces chicken or can of tuna with green veggies
                        bedtime 1/2 cup ff cottage cheese with 1 tbsp. of p-butter or 4 eggwhites scrambled with ff cheese.

Figure high protein, decent carbs and fats. Also taking 5 fish oil caps a day.
                        Routiune to follow
                        Good pic brother:)

so here's my thoughts on what we've chatted about and this thread. i knew(before I saw the pic)you were one of those who could carry their weight well; you have a good size on you and it's really easy to tell. AND you have a good solid base underneath the fat.

I won't post what I eat, you know the thread of my food logs; it's ALL there.

My concern here is that when you do the test at 400/500mgs E5D/E7D/E10D or which ever you decide on, you're going to gain some water/fat weight. Test(and many other compounds) will do that to you, it's just a fact.

Now how much water/fat retention will it be? Who knows until it actually happens. What you can do to prevent some if not most of it; have your daily food intake and cardio down, and I don't mean some half ass shit either.

The most stubborn fat to come off(I'm working on mine right now)is the lower abs and your lower(or sometimes mid for some guys)back.

Right now you're going to continue do drop fat, but you will hit a plateau and then it becomes harder. It's NOT easy to bulk and maintain lean, not to mention just adding lean mass.

IMO I would start your cycle off at 400mgs E7D and do that for a good 4 weeks, you will see and feel results by then. At that point, adjust accordingly.

It's easier to always add then take away:) what I mean by that is that start your body off with something average or a bit on the low side, then add more later. Is this your first cycle? Not sure if I've missed if you have or not.

Also take into consideration that the advice I'm giving you, is coming from someone who does year long cycles with low or average doses. I'm in no fucking rush to pack on more weight:weights:

Hope this helps man, kinda rambled a bit. I guess what I'm saying is that you seem knowledgeable enough to get things going, not to mention a fucking PITA:thumup::thumup:

Routines
                        Chest, I respond well to volume, heavy weight, mid to low reps
                        After warm up sets:
                        Incline BB presses 4x 12-10-8-8
                        flat db presses same sets and rep range although I do a 5th set were I use a weight were I get to failure on the 15th rep
                        chest dips, elbows flared out 4 sets to failure
                        super set either cross overs or flyes 4 sets 12-15 reps with push ups to failure.

Back-Limited due to double bicep tear on the left arm
                        Will attempt to do pullups in assisted machine 4 x 12-15 range
                        t-bar rows 4 sets in 8-12 rep range
                        pulldowns 4 sets 12-15 rep range
                        machine rows 4 sets 8-12 range
                        straight bar pullovers cable machine 3 sets to failure

legs- limited no catilidge left knee and just had Achilles issues
                        Leg presses 5 sets 10-15 range
                        leg extensions 5 sets 10-15 range
                        seated or laying leg curls 5 sets 10-15 range
                        both seated and standing calf raises 3 sets each exercise 15 reps

Shoulders/arms
                        4 sets Arnold db presses 12-10-10-8
                        lateral 25-20-15-12 reps
                        4 sets shrugs concentrating on rear traps
                        3 sets straight bar curl 8-12 range
                        machine curls 4 sets 8-15 range
                        4 sets alternate db curls 8-12 range
                        weighted dips 4 sets to failure
                        rope pulldowns 4 sets 10-15 range
                        reverse pulldowns same as above
                        either behind the head rope extensions or db skulls 3 sets to failure
                        routine looks good man. more than i would do, but i train differently.

ask mr i...he has good inputs on vol/mass training.

Comment

Was concerned about the water retention
                          D I E T.....trust me:agreed: take it from someone who has had issues with water retention...oh one more thing, CARDIO bitch:D

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                          Change the test to 400mg E5D. .25mgs eod adex.
                          Why? E7D or E10D is sufficient to start off and adjust accordingly. and i'd disagree with adex, for now....

Comment

Quote:
                            Good pic brother

so here's my thoughts on what we've chatted about and this thread. i knew(before I saw the pic)you were one of those who could carry their weight well; you have a good size on you and it's really easy to tell. AND you have a good solid base underneath the fat.

I won't post what I eat, you know the thread of my food logs; it's ALL there.

My concern here is that when you do the test at 400/500mgs E5D/E7D/E10D or which ever you decide on, you're going to gain some water/fat weight. Test(and many other compounds) will do that to you, it's just a fact.

Now how much water/fat retention will it be? Who knows until it actually happens. What you can do to prevent some if not most of it; have your daily food intake and cardio down, and I don't mean some half ass shit either.

The most stubborn fat to come off(I'm working on mine right now)is the lower abs and your lower(or sometimes mid for some guys)back.

Right now you're going to continue do drop fat, but you will hit a plateau and then it becomes harder. It's NOT easy to bulk and maintain lean, not to mention just adding lean mass.

IMO I would start your cycle off at 400mgs E7D and do that for a good 4 weeks, you will see and feel results by then. At that point, adjust accordingly.

It's easier to always add then take away what I mean by that is that start your body off with something average or a bit on the low side, then add more later. Is this your first cycle? Not sure if I've missed if you have or not.

Also take into consideration that the advice I'm giving you, is coming from someone who does year long cycles with low or average doses. I'm in no fucking rush to pack on more weight

Hope this helps man, kinda rambled a bit. I guess what I'm saying is that you seem knowledgeable enough to get things going, not to mention a fucking PITA

So here is where I get a bit confused and I know it's a double edge sword when I'm trying to accomplish two separate goals. Macros for maintenance is 225lbs x 15=3375 calories. With the added retention of water and creatine should I keep my macros at 500 under maintenance, keep them right at 3375 or something else. Keep in mind cardio will also be included 4-5 times a week. Macros is what's throwing me off.

Comment

So here is where I get a bit confused and I know it's a double edge sword when I'm trying to accomplish two separate goals. Macros for maintenance is 225lbs x 15=3375 calories. With the added retention of water and creatine should I keep my macros at 500 under maintenance, keep them right at 3375 or something else. Keep in mind cardio will also be included 4-5 times a week. Macros is what's throwing me off

And to answer the other question, this will be my first go round with anything over 200mg a week.

Comment

Working...
                              X