Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leg Pressing incident

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&ref=bookmarks

Damn, looks like the dude broke his Fibula. Don't understand why people do that workout holding their knees, it's cheating, and he wasn't even going all the way down. Ego lifting just causes injury.

Comment

Also some people have hyper extension of the knee. It's a very dangerous thing under weight

Comment

stupid

Comment

That's ego lifting at it's best. Leg press isn't a power movement. Load enough to pump out 30-50 reps, using good form, hands to the sides and you'll get more out of the movement than loading it completely for half reps pushing your legs with your hands. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

The guy wanted attention and he got it. Congrats.

Comment

I have never understood guys who load this machine & do quarter reps. personally my max set is five plates on each side for like 8 solid reps but I see guys with smaller legs than mine putting 8 plates on each side doing six quarter reps. whatever...

Comment

Originally posted by wheyman View Post
              That's ego lifting at it's best. Leg press isn't a power movement. Load enough to pump out 30-50 reps, using good form, hands to the sides and you'll get more out of the movement than loading it completely for half reps pushing your legs with your hands. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

The guy wanted attention and he got it. Congrats.
              Agree

If your binding your knees so hard your cutting off blood supply to the muscle and pushing your knees with your hands from the get go then there is clearly something wrong

Comment

If you are going to let the weight come down all the way, i.e. knees to chest, consider doing 1 legged presses. When you bring the weight all the way down, you end up rounding your lower back, and when you push for the next two, you are putting a lot of strain on a curved lower back, which is not good at all ergonomically.

When you do the movement one-legged, and keep the other leg stretched out, it prevents the lower back from rounding.

Comment

^did you watch the video?

Comment

No.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X