opinions on splitting cardio/workouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinions on splitting cardio/workouts

Looking for opinions. I do not have the time to lift and do he standard 30 minutes of cardio afterwards. What I would like to do is to continue lifting in the mornings at 5am and then cardio after work at 5pm. Any thoughts? You hear all the urban legends of cardio first/weights at night.

Yes.

If yout can if you can work in the time then do.

If you can't then do it straight after weights

Comment

Cardio fasted in the morning would be more effective at burning fat. But I can understand you'd rather not lift after work due to being tired etc..

It'll work. Diet as always is the big factor. Nail that and cardio just becomes the little cherry on top. You don't need to rely on it so much once your lean enough.

Comment

Yeah I would rather lift in the am. I'm a morning person and that's when I am most energetic. Cardio in the pm is just trying to nail the finishing touches with diet and cardiovascular health. I'm talking 30-40 minutes treadmill at an incline on weekdays.

Comment

Not to mention by doing cardio in the pm, I get the wife in the gym. She goes to planet fitness which I hate but all I'm doing is cardio and I get her in there more often.

Comment

You can certainly do that however, why not do cardio first thing, fasting and lift in the evening.

Ive done split training and it will burn you out bro.

We get up at 445am, hit the box or gym at 520ish....we train first then we do cardio, all while fasting. I have never burned more fat any other way until i began to fast.

It is not easy though but very rewarding

Comment

Arnold used to train first thing before eating

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post
                You can certainly do that however, why not do cardio first thing, fasting and lift in the evening.

Ive done split training and it will burn you out bro.

We get up at 445am, hit the box or gym at 520ish....we train first then we do cardio, all while fasting. I have never burned more fat any other way until i began to fast.

It is not easy though but very rewarding
                two reasons I rather lift in am is more energy and no waiting for equipment. If I go after 5 at my gym I would have to wait forever for benches, racks, etc... In the afternoon I would just go to my wife's gym and hop on a treadmill. So is it ok to do it this way? no adverse effects on the body?

Comment

Originally posted by Erod13 View Post
                  two reasons I rather lift in am is more energy and no waiting for equipment. If I go after 5 at my gym I would have to wait forever for benches, racks, etc... In the afternoon I would just go to my wife's gym and hop on a treadmill. So is it ok to do it this way? no adverse effects on the body?
                  That's fine too brother

Comment

Originally posted by Mr I View Post
                    Arnold used to train first thing before eating
                    I love this method :thumup:

Takes time getting use to it but wouldn't do it any other way.

I remember moochie posting good stuff on benefits of training while fasting

Comment

Yep I do the empty stomach training to. If I wake up and I'm really starving I may just mix a scoop of whey in some water.

Comment

It'll work bro. Most important thing is doing it! I lift at lunch time because that's when I can work it around my work schedule. It also gives me a break away from work half way thru the day, so that works out great for me... I do cardio / core work in afternoon after work with my girl. I generally work both on an empty stomach. I can't work out with food in me. I hate it. For cardio I always switch it up every day. Normally 20 to 30 mins..run...elliptical.stair stepper..bike..treadmil..plus then 1 mile quick walk on track with core work every 1/4 mile.

Comment

Yes

Comment

Working...
                          X