Machines Superior To Free Weights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machines Superior To Free Weights

I think in some cases machines can have an advantage. Usually do db shoulder presses but today I switched it up and used some shoulder press machine I never used before. Fucken delts were burning like crazy.

I wonder if it's because with a machine you don't have to use the stabilizer muscles and you can just focus on the muscle your trying to hit allowing you to go heavier?

I would never give up free weights but in this case, the machine I used today burned my delts far more than db presses.

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
    I think in some cases machines can have an advantage. Usually do db shoulder presses but today I switched it up and used some shoulder press machine I never used before. Fucken delts were burning like crazy.

I wonder if it's because with a machine you don't have to use the stabilizer muscles and you can just focus on the muscle your trying to hit allowing you to go heavier?

I would never give up free weights but in this case, the machine I used today burned my delts far more than db presses.

I recently brought machines in for my delts simply cuz I blew my C4-7 out doing over head presses with dumbells. "My warmup too[emoji35]"
    I too noticed a major lactic acid build up from the machine. Far greater the barbell or dumbbell.

For many years I ran with Dennis Wolfs shoulder routines. They work great too. I'm slowly transitioning back to dumbbell work. I noticed marked improvement in strength gains using the machine tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Machines isolate more and better for sculpting

Read this

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/keats1.htm

Comment

Dumbbell Shoulders presses are always my staple... Every now and then I do Smith machine shoulder press

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

And I like both...i really don't favor either of them

Comment

bori i hate the smith machine for everything. it locks you into this weird motion ive just never felt like it was right for me. not for legs or upper body.

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post
              Machines isolate more and better for sculpting

Read this

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/keats1.htm
              yea i may incorporate them more if the other machines feel as good as this delt press machine did today. forget what it was called, ill look tomorrow. one thing that was different about it was palms facing in grips. not sure if that changes anything but man it burnt the shit outta my delts.

Comment

bori i hate the smith machine for everything. it locks you into this weird motion ive just never felt like it was right for me. not for legs or upper body.
                If my shoulders are acting up then its on smith machine...I wish we had more hammer strenght..Especially for shoulders.. gay ass gym

Comment

Machines are designed on working specific muscles and I believe because of the limited range of motion works that specific muscle or group harder. Free weights you use more..Support.,.Of other muscles to do the exercise. So you work the target...But also muscles that support it. I like using machines after I do free weights to finalize the pump by doing fast high rep sets. gets the pump and burn crazy for me

Comment

I think that the old saying "you can't beat free weights " is outdated.

Machines have now been so far improved.

Comment

yea i may incorporate them more if the other machines feel as good as this delt press machine did today. forget what it was called, ill look tomorrow. one thing that was different about it was palms facing in grips. not sure if that changes anything but man it burnt the shit outta my delts.
                      the use of the inward palm grip (as long as it is less wide than the other grip) is to target the anterior deltoid more. that is if the movement is being done correctly. many times i see people in the gym using this grip on the machine but ego lift and use too much weight and end up flaring their elbows out which defeats the purpose of the workout.

Comment

Originally posted by domin8 View Post
                        the use of the inward palm grip (as long as it is less wide than the other grip) is to target the anterior deltoid more. that is if the movement is being done correctly. many times i see people in the gym using this grip on the machine but ego lift and use too much weight and end up flaring their elbows out which defeats the purpose of the workout.
                        I dunno but I felt my whole damn delt burning like a bitch so it was doing something different compared to standard db shoulder press.

Comment

Used machines only today due to the hand issue I have been having. Did chest...I'm feeling it. All hammersmith machines. Actually got a pretty good workout of it.

Comment

Let's face it... freeweights for the growth... Machines for the pump... Machines let you bang a few more reps w/out a spotter

Comment

Originally posted by boricuarage79 View Post
                              Let's face it... freeweights for the growth... Machines for the pump... Machines let you bang a few more reps w/out a spotter

I wonder though with these newer machines if that's still the case. Oxygen where the monsters are is known for having like thousands of state of the art machines. They obviously got free weights but I wonder if shit is changing with modern machines.

Comment

Working...
                              X