split day routine for fat loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• split day routine for fat loss

alright guys I want to get as shreded as possible. I just came off a 1-test, 4-AD bulking cycle 2 weeks ago and now I want to cut up. Do you guys think it would be ok to pump iron twice a day only doing each body part once a week? I know alot of people do each body part twice or more a week when doing a split routine but I think that might overtrain me. any suggestions? I am on high protein diet to minimize muscle loss but am takeing low carbs at only 275 grams a day and a majority of them are slow releasing carbs. Im 5'10" and at 188 right now.

Can you provide a sample of what you want your routine to look like. I am having a hard time getting the picture of what you want.

275g of carbs really isn't that low of carbs.

Comment

Thats what I wanted to know, I was hoping somebody could give me some Ideas on a good split day routine, I was thinking something like this:

sun.
      am-back
      pm- triceps

mon.
      am- quads
      pm-hamstrings

tues.
      rest

wed.
      am- chest
      pm- biceps

thurs.
      am- shoulders
      pm-abs, calves

friday
      rest

sat.
      rest

or maybe I could hit each muscle group twice per week but I don't know how I would plan out my schedule for that.

Comment

I think it's fine, I don't see any cardio listed. You may want to consider that when starting the routine.

I hope you have enough time and energy to do the program. Twice per day workouts can be a double egded sword, especially when dieting.

Make sure you get enough food, rest and sleep at night.
        I tried 2xday back in school. Now that I am out there's no way I have enough time or recovery time.

Try it and see, good luck.

Comment

yes I am in school right now so inbetween workouts i will be doing no more than sitting in class, so there will be plenty of rest.

Comment

I would incorporate hreavy cardio on your rest days considering your sedintary lifestyle i.e. because of school.

Mabey train with the wrestling team or cross counrty running team

Comment

Originally posted by Nekrawulf
              I would incorporate hreavy cardio on your rest days considering your sedintary lifestyle i.e. because of school.
              definately if he's looking to cut. And what does your diet look like? That's going to be the other major factor.

Comment

I think cutting is all about diet, then weights, then cardio. Get your diet in line and everything else will fall into place. Personally, I think 2 x day might be really difficult while calorie deficent. I wouldn't want to do it.

Now, cardio in the am and weights in the pm is a different story. Those kind of 2 x days are necessary at the end of a cut to pull everything in nice and tight.

Comment

for my diet i used the BMR calculation at the top of this forum and came up with light training days 2244 calories and heavy training days 2877 calories. I will try to get 6-7 meals in a day. On my rest days I will only eat 6 times, but on the days I train 2x a day I will eat 7. So per light day I am going to split up evenly 250 grams of protein, I think 200 grams of carbs and 49 grams of fatper day. On heavy days still 250 grams of protein, 275 grams of carbs and 86 grams of fat per day.

I think I will change my lifting schedule to this:

Mon.
                  AM-chest
                  PM-biceps

Tues.
                  AM-Quads/calves
                  PM-triceps

Wed.
                  Rest/cardio

Thur.
                  AM-Back/rear delts
                  PM-

Fri.
                  AM-shoulders(frontal and medial delt)
                  Pm-Abs/calves

Sat.
                  AM-none
                  PM-hamstrings/lowerback

Sun.
                  Rest/cardio

I will probably add some cardio in the PM after weight lifting.

Comment

i would just do what faye said, cardio am and lift in the pm. it makes more sense fi you are cutting and willing to hit the gym twice a day.

Comment

Working...
                    X