I put 100lbs on my squat in 7 months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I put 100lbs on my squat in 7 months

I went from a 375 lbs max squat in November to 475 lbs in this month.

The "magic trick" ? Squat your ass off. Squat 3 times a week with 80% of your max squat and increase in reps. Not the weight.

Routine looks like

80%

Week1
    6x2 reps
    6x3
    6x2

Week2
    6x4
    6x2
    6x5

Week3
    6x2
    6x6
    6x2

Week 4
    5x5 85%
    6x2 80%
    4x4 (increase with 12-15 lbs from the weight u used from the 5x5 day. But u gotta listen to ur body.

Because fuck the CNS system right?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Funny now I don't care how much weight I throw around, I care about how I feel and look. I still lift heavy at times but cycle it. Heavy for too long puts too much strain on my shoulders, back, knees, ect..

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77 View Post
        Funny now I don't care how much weight I throw around, I care about how I feel and look. I still lift heavy at times but cycle it. Heavy for too long puts too much strain on my shoulders, back, knees, ect..
        Correct.. I use to do shit like this... squat 3 or 4 times a week.. not to mention powercleans and snatches and all it did was give me a herniated disc... yea was strong as fuck, but what's the point when you end up blowing your back out

Comment

Originally posted by boricuarage79 View Post
          Correct.. I use to do shit like this... squat 3 or 4 times a week.. not to mention powercleans and snatches and all it did was give me a herniated disc... yea was strong as fuck, but what's the point when you end up blowing your back out

Whats the point of DB shoulder pressing and french presses like a bodybuilder when you end up with blown out rotatur cuffs and constant elbow pain?

Comment

Originally posted by TR3N View Post
            Whats the point of DB shoulder pressing and french presses like a bodybuilder when you end up with blown out rotatur cuffs and constant elbow pain?
            Think about what you just said there.. Sure you can hurt your rotator cuff; if you doing dumbbell presses 3 times a week, but I don't think any BB is doing that.. I have rotator cuffs issues as well and it wasn't from dumbbell presses...

Do what works for you, but at least at my age with or without AAS.. I don't recommend squatting 3 times a week unless you a pro powerlifter or an elite l cross fitter...its taxing to the CNS which can lead to "overtraning"

Box jumps and devil squats will also increase your squat..

If it works for you then by all means

Comment

If it works for you then by all means

its an old school strength routine and it works. just not for bodybuilding. I dont see the point unless your an athlete.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77 View Post
                yup, same here it took me a while to do it right. listened to bouncer and bigscott years ago...

Comment

Originally posted by jack tors View Post
                  its an old school strength routine and it works. just not for bodybuilding. I dont see the point unless your an athlete.
                  That's my point.. no need to quote me

Comment

That's my point.. no need to quote me

Not really you go on about how it's bad and at the end add one line if it works for you. Doesn't make any sensr and you contradict yourself. Just trying to clarify it's for athletes not us. It doesn't work for bodybuilding results and that's why we're all here

Comment

Originally posted by jack tors View Post
                      Not really you go on about how it's bad and at the end add one line if it works for you. Doesn't make any sensr and you contradict yourself. Just trying to clarify it's for athletes not us. It doesn't work for bodybuilding results and that's why we're all here
                      I'm not contradicting at all... Yea he still Gona do it anyways... and I wouldn't tell no one on here what to do..

Comment

I'm not contradicting at all... Yea he still Gona do it anyways... and I wouldn't tell no one on here what to do..

Your good damn right you wouldn't tell anyone here what to do. Spartan type mother fuckers. We are few but we are feared. :D

Comment

Working...
                        X