empty stomach for cardio???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• empty stomach for cardio???????

I wake up at 430 am, eat some oatmeal and a shake. I'm at the gym at 930am and start my cardio. Is this enough time for this cardio to be considered on an empty stomache?

Yea probably

Comment

2hrs

Comment

for cardio, the normal time between eating and starting cardio is 2.5-3 hours. so your time is fine, i guess.

Comment

yep

Comment

No. If you want to do fasted cardio, do it first thing in the morning.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
              No. If you want to do fasted cardio, do it first thing in the morning.

may not have the option to workout at 4:30am or want too

5hrs later = empty stomach

empty stomach for a protein shake is about 1-2 hours

Comment

Empty stomach does not imply fasted cardio. The question is whether there is enough gap from the last meal to trigger the body to burn predominantly fat. I am not convinced that a 5 hour gap is enough. Generally, fasted cardio involves closer to at least a 8-10 hour gap.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                  Empty stomach does not imply fasted cardio. The question is whether there is enough gap from the last meal to trigger the body to burn predominantly fat. I am not convinced that a 5 hour gap is enough. Generally, fasted cardio involves closer to at least a 8-10 hour gap.

training with weights before cardio does the same thing correct? you burn off all the glycogen during weight training if it's a hard workout and by the time you get to cardio you are running on bodyfat. that's what i've always done anyway.

Comment

Working...
                  X