swiming and running???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swiming and running???

My friend and I have this debate going on about doing swimming for cardio. He seems to think that swiming is not the same as something like running or biking. He doesnt think you can gain muscle if your swiming. I think this is the only way to get him to believe me. So is it the same or not? sorry for the stupid question.

Your friend is an idiot

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

reasons for swimming are low impact, bad knees or injuries, n

other forms are better IMO more consistent results and easier to manage how many burned calories. with swimming you have to actually do laps and keep a pace. its

Comment

like jack said, if your actually doing laps in a pool it's a great form of cardio.

as for the "gaining muscle" issue. gaining muscle is about diet, training, and genetics. you don't do cardio to gain muscle. with that said, cardio is important whether or no your are bulking or cutting to keep fat from being stored.

Comment

Swimming is full body as long as ur eating enough to grow u will gain good muscle results with swimming than you would running. Running stimulates only legs. Swimming is amazingly great for your back as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bodymark View Post
            My friend and I have this debate going on about doing swimming for cardio. He seems to think that swiming is not the same as something like running or biking. He doesnt think you can gain muscle if your swiming. I think this is the only way to get him to believe me. So is it the same or not? sorry for the stupid question.
            All swimmers have a good core and shoulder/arm mass, Why would your friend think swimming wont build muscle, It is a complete body workout

Comment

Swimming 100 meters is roughly the same as running 350 yards. In addition, you use different muscles in swimming than in running. Whereas running mainly works the lower body, swimming works the lower body with your kick and the upper body with your stroke.(indianworkouts)

Comment

I'm an avid swimmer. Have been since a child. I swim 3-4 x per wk still to this day. It is an excellent cardio workout.

Comment

Working...
                X