HELP. My Routine...Yay or Nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP. My Routine...Yay or Nay?

Football season just ended and Im a senior, which means i get to do my own workout for once without bullshit practice getting in the way. I worked this routine out in hopes of concentrating on adding mass to my tricep and traps. Any opinions and suggestions would be much appreciated:
    ****Monday- CHEST, BICEP (ABS)
    Incline Press(dumbell/barbell) 3x10
    Flat Press(dumbell)3x10
    Incline Flyes/Machine Flyes 3x8-10
    Cable Crossovers 3x10-12
    Hammer Curls 2x10 (Medium Weight Warmup)
    Preacher Curls 3x10
    Concentration Curls 3x10
    Standing/Incline Bench Curls 3x10
    Hammer Curls 2-3x10
    ****Tuesday- SHOULDERs, TRICEP, TRAP
    Behind Neck Press 3x10
    Arnold Press (Shoulder Press w/ Rotation) 3x10
    Bent Over Lateral Raises 4x10
    Lateral Raises 3x10
    Shrugs 4-5x25
    Rope Pushdown-3x10
    V bar Pushdown-3x10
    Scullcrushers- 3x8-10
    ****Wednesday-LEGS, CALVES
    Hack Squats 4x8-10
    Leg Press 4x8-10
    Leg Ext. 3x10
    Leg Curl 3x10
    Lunges 3x10
    Standing Calf Raises 3x15
    Seated Calf Raises 3x10
    ****Thursday- BACK (ABS)
    Lat Pulldown (Wide Grip) 4x10
    Lat Pulldown (Close) 4x10
    Close Grip Rows- 3x10
    Wide Grip Rows- 3x10
    Lowerback
    ****Friday- TRAP, TRICEP, FOREARM
    Behind the Back Shrugs- 4x15
    Upright Rows- 3-4x8-10
    Straightbar Pushdown- 3x10
    Behind Head DB Ext. (both hands) 3x10
    Reverse Grip wrist curl- 3x15
    superset w/ wrist curl- 3x15
    ****SAT & SUN- rest
    I eat around 8 'meals' (counting Pre and Post-WO drinks) a day and get good sleep, but I'm wondering:
    1.) Is there a better way to blast my tris and traps into growth (I feel like i may be overtraining)
    2.) Am i overtraining?
    3.) Should i lower my reps and up my weight in all my workouts or just some of them?

Thanks for any advice fellas

i am no expert, but if i was to train chest one day then shoulders and triceps the next day id def. be too sore to get a good workout. maybe chest then shoulders, but not chest then shoulders&triceps

Comment

I would make sure I hit all my core lifts first for the muscle I was working that day. I usually tend to hit those core lifts at a different rep/set than I do for my aux lifts. I used to train like that(more body building oriented) during my off season from power lifting, but I grew a lot more over all when I was lifting as a power lifter, but got more cut up lifting like a body builder, that may just be the case for me though. I didn't really get that burned out on days where I doubled muscle training like that, but I think that also factored into my lack of growth.

Comment

You`re doing way too many sets for a small muscle like biceps.Do 8 hard sets, as opposed to your 13-14 sets.That`s definately too much work for them to be able to recover and grow.Train triceps once a week as well as the rest of the body.I realize you are trying to prioritize triceps by training them twice weekly ,but one all out day is enough.More is not better,better is better.Do skullcrushere`s first as they are the mass builder,don`t wear yourself out by doing pressdowns first.Go heavier,on tri`s.The exercises in your back routine are too similar and redundant,do a cable row seated,with just one pulldown movement,as well as one rowing movement,4 sets each.Go lower reps on basic compound movements pyramiding ,ie. weight up,reps down .Keep reps between 6-12. Good luck !

Comment

Working...
        X