Social Media Fucking Up Noobs In The Gym

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Media Fucking Up Noobs In The Gym

IFBB Pro Fouad and Palumbo talk about people who go to the gym without a game plan. They'll try whatever they've seen others trying, creating for long, drawn out, and sometimes chaotic workouts.

What's causing this? Are gym goers consuming way too much information from social media, watching their favorite bodybuilders and trying to apply everything they see, thinking it could work for them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVEQiDjVOTk

I agree information overload

Comment

wow nice....

Comment

Oh this is a great conversation. Last week I got into a debate with a teenager/noob on why REAL LIFTERS [ those are my words ] turn their plates backwards while performing an exercise. I explained to him while demonstrating turning the plates backwards gives you a place to grab the plates with your fingertips while handling the plates. Its actually much safer to handle the plates this way. He said he though it was because guys were embarrassed with the weight they were lifting and didn't want anyone else to see the writing on the plates. lol I honestly put my ear buds back in and walked away. It would have gotten worse if I didn't do so. lol

Comment

Originally posted by piratex View Post
          Oh this is a great conversation. Last week I got into a debate with a teenager/noob on why REAL LIFTERS [ those are my words ] turn their plates backwards while performing an exercise. I explained to him while demonstrating turning the plates backwards gives you a place to grab the plates with your fingertips while handling the plates. Its actually much safer to handle the plates this way. He said he though it was because guys were embarrassed with the weight they were lifting and didn't want anyone else to see the writing on the plates. lol I honestly put my ear buds back in and walked away. It would have gotten worse if I didn't do so. lol
          i haven't seen those old 1 sided plates in a long time. all the gyms i been to the last few years are double sided with handles. you sure you aren't a time traveler from the past? i feel like you come to us from the year 1982. lol

Comment

Usually such people do not stay in the gym for a long time. They come, work out at best a couple of months, their body does not change in any way and think that this is some kind of deception. If a person really wants to work out in the gym, then he will study all the nuances associated with this and will go to his goal.

Comment

Some of the things I see these noobies do with hired personal trainers really blow my mind sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashop View Post
                Some of the things I see these noobies do with hired personal trainers really blow my mind sometime.
                Yeah, and not to disrespect good, caring, knowledgeable trainers, but there are a lot of "trainers" with alterior motives. I'm sure you know....

Comment

Working...
                X