Rhabdo In Bodybuilding - Be Careful Guys - Dana Lynn Baily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhabdo In Bodybuilding - Be Careful Guys - Dana Lynn Baily

A rugby player performs intense sets of squat jumps on a hot day, collapses, and is rushed to the hospital, where he spends two days in intensive care. Doctors notice that his heart is beating abnormally and that he has unusually high levels of potassium in his blood. A soccer player runs a series of 100-meter sprints at near maximum intensity. After his eighth sprint he collapses to the ground; when he gets to the hospital he is found to have high levels of potassium and myoglobin in his bloodstream. He spends several days in the hospital and is unable to train for several weeks. A highly fit marathoner holds a 6:30 pace for 26 miles but collapses only a few feet short of the finish line. Blood tests reveal a potassium concentration three or four times the normal level and he dies. What does all this mean to you? A condition called rhabdomyolysis, brought on by intense athletic activity, is what brought these athletes down.

Dana Lynn Baily recently ended up in the hospital from rhabdo so I thought I would remind people of the dangers. Stay hydrated and don't over train.

READ > https://crossfitatlanta.typepad.com/rhabdo.pdf

Seen that the other day but too much misinformation. While I agree that symptom is and can happen, why dont they also talk about the PEDs they also use that just induces more of it by over training

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post
      Seen that the other day but too much misinformation. While I agree that symptom is and can happen, why dont they also talk about the PEDs they also use that just induces more of it by over training
      That's actually a good point in terms of drugs allowing us to train harder and masks the symptoms. Shouldn't just brush it off though rado, aas just increases the potential.

Sent from my Moto G7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
        That's actually a good point in terms of drugs allowing us to train harder and masks the symptoms. Shouldn't just brush it off though rado, aas just increases the potential.

Well dehydration is HUGE at the box, I deal with it ED and I see it all the time.

Var and winny is top choice for many and for obvious reasons. Not only is it going to dry you up, but also take away your potassium and minerals that if not properly hydrated, you're fucked.

Workouts we do, are non stop. Once we go, it's ON.

But yea, PEDs need to be mentioned and also I'd like to.add.

ANY xfit athlete who is NOT in single digits bf%, IS NOT(FACTUAL SHIT)considered to be working at optimal peak, this is true facts and what is required.

So being lean and ripped and etc....is KEY.

I can easily see how this happened to her

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

people laughed but that's exactly what happened to me at costco. i was drinking like a gallon a day but i still passed out from dehydration. i took like 10 IV bags before i was back to normal. insane that i didn't even know i was dehydrated and thought i was doing well with water intake.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
            people laughed but that's exactly what happened to me at costco. i was drinking like a gallon a day but i still passed out from dehydration. i took like 10 IV bags before i was back to normal. insane that i didn't even know i was dehydrated and thought i was doing well with water intake.
            Nah brah.

You're just a bitch, that's all

Comment

8-10 big ass iv bags. You ever heard of anyone needing that. Fucken monster!

Musta been like 50 gallons. :D

Comment

Working...
              X