Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those of you with long arms..

Do you guy have trouble with benching?

Im so freakin sick of it. Im no pussy by any means, but whenever I attempt to go heavy on BB bench, or DB presses for that matter.. i usually fuck myself up in the shoulder or elbows.

What is your best advice to help increase strength?

Ive noticed that wide grips cause the least amount of shoulder issues for me, but my grip is so wide that I feel that Im not getting the fullest contraction, or ROM at the top of the motion.

When I go heavy on DB Presses, I find that my triceps end up doing most of the work. :mad:

I understand that these movements are compound movements, so should I just say fuckit, and go for strength? My chest is one of my major weakspots, so Im concerned that I will end up one of those guys with big delts and big tris, but mosquito bite titties.

What do you guys think?

try doing more flyes and stick with the wide grip.

Comment

dewd i was the same way
      i hired a trainer and he got me doing tonnes of cable cros overs up and down ,pec dec
      , dumbell flys
      after a while of that we started benchin light then as i got stronger he just kept adding it on slowly
      it took about 7 -8 months but when i hit 315lbs for 3
      i was preaty damm happy
      try some of these for a while ,it might help

Comment

Hey, MOUNTAINMAN is right. Bro, you also may want to arch your back while benching. I know that isolates your chest some more too. If you don't know what that means, ask your trainer. If he's worth anything, he'll be able to explain that. Again, that's if you don't know how to arch your back properly while benching. I too have long arms and deal with isolating the chest. Good luck, bro. Pneck

Comment

Working...
        X