Isolating lower lats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isolating lower lats?

I know this isnt the appriate forum but this is where il get the best response from knowledgable n experienced vets.

I know your back consists of tons of muscles, rhomboids, teres majorminor, latimus dorsi, etc...

I am lagging in my lower lats, aka my latimus dorsi. I need to add more mass there. What is the spacific range of motion for that muscle group? Is it more incorporated in a pulling down motion, a pulling over motion, or a low cable row? Help me here people, gimme sum tips!

"W" pull downs. Attatch a d handle to a high pulley, one on each side. Stand between them, and kneel down to your knees. Make a W with your arms, and contract focusing on pulling your elbows towards each other, with your sternum high.. like a balloon on a string is attatched to the middle of your chest.

Comment

DB pullovers, although its not a pure isolation movement, nothing fries my lat insertions like these.

Comment

Another way is doing one arm DB rows, but instead of pulling straight up to your shoulder, pull back towards your hips, then lower it back down to your starting position down from your shoulder.

Comment

barbell rows with an underhand grip

Comment

Obviously its gonna be individual. Just find what works your lats the best and do that. I find any rowing movement where go heavier and stop before pulling all the way through very effective at targeting my lats.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D.
              Another way is doing one arm DB rows, but instead of pulling straight up to your shoulder, pull back towards your hips, then lower it back down to your starting position down from your shoulder.
              This is a great method, its best to support urself against the DB rack, in order to get an angle of pull, then just like JD said you pull into ur hip, ur pulling straight up and down, it just not up and down, its on angle...does that make sense?

Or you can use the lower portion of the cables, and perform in the same manner

Comment

I prefer wiiiiiiiiiiiide grip pullups with extra weight.... god those hurt so good =-]

Comment

yeh i think wide grip pull ups would do the trick

Comment

I usually think people who don't get the lat workout they feel and want is because they don't know the feeling of them. I usually warm up doing reverse close grip lat pulls. I sit on the lat machine the other way, grab the t bar and do like people do pull ups. Jay Cutler does pull ups every day I heard and thats he got his explosive wide lats because he works them alot. I warm up and then move to normal lat pulls, low cable rows, and DB rows. I switch them all up with different excercies every single work out.

Comment

And don't forget to strrrrreeeettttttcccchhhhhh

Comment

oh yea stretch.........yea......I forgot lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jarconis
                          barbell rows with an underhand grip
                          underhand grip is the key for me

Comment

Working...
                          X