No announcement yet.

forarms and calves....high or low reps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forarms and calves....high or low reps?

should i try the 12-15 range or the 20-30 rep range?

I usually do the forearms in the 250-300 rep range...........if masturbation counts

Comment

I say 8-12 reps. If you can don any more go up in weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Trojanmn2
        I usually do the forearms in the 250-300 rep range...........if masturbation counts
        you shouldnt masterbate on forearm days....youll overtrain

heh heh

Comment

Your calves are capable of taking high reps and high stress--perhaps more than any other skeletal muscle in your body. (Not counting the heart, etc.) For this reason, to get them to grow, you need a combination of high reps and high weight or you are not doing anything they are not already subjected to. Therefore, I would recommend keeping the reps to at least 12, and use weights as high as you can with that number of reps (of course). Pyramid the weight up to avoid a muscle pull or injuring a tendon.

Comment

Originally posted by Cogar
            Your calves are capable of taking high reps and high stress--perhaps more than any other skeletal muscle in your body. (Not counting the heart, etc.)
            the heart is a cardiac muscle

Comment

cool , i need to try this stuff cause my calves lag big time

Comment

Calves are definitely a hard muscle for some. I've notcied in training others that those who just dont seem to build any size need to jump on calves 5 times/week. Hitting calves with many sets at reps of 12-20 on leg day, and then the other 4 days during the week hitting 6-8 sets and going with 10-15 reps heavy. I have them switch machines daily to always hit a slightly different area. This really does work. Hitting calves just once or twice a week for most just wont work. 5-6 times/week will work great for most and will definitely increase size, muscularity and give more seperation and striations. Just my 2cc's. PEACE! KIR

Comment

5 times a week?

id rather "waste" my time tryin new workouts atmost twice a week than overtrain.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKAL
                    the heart is a cardiac muscle
                    The parenthetical phrase was not an exception to the previous sentence, but rather a further clarification.

Comment

clarification of what?

Comment

LOL, never new a man who over trained calves. Arnold trained calves 6 days/week along with training rear delts 6 days/week. Problem areas! And areas that are EXTREMELY HARD to overtrain. Waisting your time? Never new someone could waste their time spending 10 minutes during a workout to hit 6-8 sets of calves. Your 10 minutes must be more valueable then others. PEACE! KIR

Comment

arnold was also taking a massive amount of steroids

Comment

Originally posted by JACKAL
                            clarification of what?
                            Of the sentence, "Your calves are capable of taking high reps and high stress--perhaps more than any other skeletal muscle in your body."

Comment

understand what i am saying:

SKELETAL MUSCLES are muscles that are voluntary, ie attach to the skeleton allowing for movement. These muscles include but are not limited to muscles such as the bicep and tricep, trapezius, latissimus dorsi, etc.

CARDIAC MUSCLE is involuntary and is found in one and only one place in the body: the heart.

understand?

Comment

Working...
                              X