Anyone know alot about shoes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know alot about shoes?

How much difference is there between a running, basketball, casual tennis shoe?

basketball can grip the gym floor better

i guess running will last longer

i suppose casual is most comfortable

but thats just my opinion, i could be wrong

Comment

more of a guess than an opinion

Comment

Well I was looking more for the effectiveness on feet. I've worn some pretty old running shoes and casual shoes playing ball and the running ones gave me blisters on the bottom of my feet and the casual ones has made one of my pinky toe nails half purple and my big toe have purpleish areas on the same foot.

Comment

^ Bouncer's ass push this to the second page :mad:

Comment

^ Just in case someone helpful missed it. And would a cross training shoe work for basketball?

Comment

I'm not worried about ankle support. Just hold my foot in place so my tonails don't get purple again.

Comment

I know a ton about running shoes. Get a new pair every 200 miles.

Cross training shoes will work for basketball. Ovbiously if you asking the question, then you wont notice the difference in a basketball shoe and a 3/4 or hightop cross trainer.

Jordan always had the soles of his shoes real thin in all the Air Jordans. He said that he had better feel of the court that way.

In your situation, get a solid brand cross trainer and you will be good to go.

Comment

Thanks a bunch tin

Comment

I like cross trainer shoes myself. I've tried Reeboks, Saucony, Nike Air, etc.. but the most comfortable athletic shoe I've ever worn is the New Balance 609 cross trainer. Their very light and provide great support and the sole isn't too stiff or too thin- just about right. Plus, they're simple white leather with a medium sized blue insignia on the side- not orange, green, blue and purple :(

If the sides of your foot hurt or are swolllen, look for a wider shoe that touches but doesn't crush the side of your foot. Many of these shoes come in variable widths. Good luck.

ps. What ever shoes you decide on, get two pairs, if you can because the models change so frequently that after 1 or 2 years, they don't make them anymore and gotta do it all over again.
                    Last edited by Primal Instinct; 12-24-03, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X