consecutive days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• consecutive days?

anybody have any input on training same body part on consecutive (back to back) days, i read in MD that if done once or twice a year you can really SHOCK the muscle and ignite muscle growth.
    any ideas
    gym

hmmm
    im not too sure about this
    personally id be afraid of overtraining
    maybe if you werent doing heavy lifts and working on explosion.
    the thing is, if your muscles have been trained they need time to rebuild. if you keep breaking them down it seems like that would do you no good...just my opinion, i could be wrong....

Comment

yeah thats kinda what i figured
      gym

Comment

the article did state that this method of training was only to be used once or twice a year
        gym

Comment

I think training the same body part on consecutive days would be OK as a shocking technique if the muscles are not sore on the second day. Still, as the article suggested, you should almost never do this, since it does interfere with the recovery day--where the actual growth takes place. Additionally, I think there are better ways to shock a muscle into growth than this.

Comment

How much do you think you would gain by only doing this for two days?Not a good idea in my humble opinion.Stick to training,followed by rest.This is time tested.You are not going to gain an inch on your armput on 10 pounds of muscle,or add 50 pounds to your bench by training this way for two days.Probably just another arm-chair athlete writing some article,because the "shock" thing sounds good.

Comment

^ hes gotta point

Comment

best way to shock your muscles is by changing up your routine and doing things like drop sets....rest pause sets....negatives...and you dont want to do these too often.......keep your routines fresh....eat and get plenty of rest.......best way I've found.....

Comment

thanks guys, whats up Racer from acom
                  gym

Comment

hey gym........good to see ya bro......

Comment

Gym bro, you can train rear delts on consecutive days no problem. Also calves. I've heard of doing what you are talking about with Bi's once every other month and have tried it and didnt work well. PEACE! KIR

Comment

thanks guys, ill give it some thought
                        gym

Comment

Working...
                        X