CHEST trained with BACK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHEST trained with BACK?

what do you guys think about training chest with back then having an arm day about 3-4 days later?

any thoughts and opinions would be helpful...

Sounds like a good workout, since you're doing opposing muscle groups. How long would your total workout be? Make sure to not go over something like 1 hour.

Comment

yeh i was thinkin supersetting everything like...

incline press superset w/
      lat pulldown

etc

Comment

That`s a good scenario,but they are both big demanding bodyparts,so if you do it ,keep total sets low.

Comment

ooooh
          that might be a good idea...

Comment

Originally posted by INTIMID8OR3
            The ONLY WAY I COULD DO THAT AND HAVE ENOUGH INTENSITY IS TO SPLIT THE WORKOUT MORNING AND EVENING .. ;)
            I've always wanted to try AM/PM split, but haven't been able to fit my schedule around it.

Comment

There is no way I could do it. The way I set my workout up is I do 3 big muscle groups on different days. Chest then legs then back. I thow bis, tris, shoulders in with them. I hit each so hard there is no way I could get all I wanted out of doing two big groups in a day.

Comment

same here i do chest/tri, back/bi, legs/calves - and i keep back and legs as afar apart as possible since i do DL/squats. i'd never have the intensity to hit back and chest both hard on the same day. but then... i'm still au natural!

Comment

Under an hour?? I can understand that you do not want to over train, but under an hour on such large muscle groups could only be done by those that do not take the proper rest(unless it was meant under an hour per muscle). In reference to training those 2 groups together, remember that muscles will train themselves to stimuli so the work out will need to be changed about every 4-6 weeks or else the workout will not become monotonous for the muscle group.

Comment

Working...
                  X