No soreness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No soreness?

If the next day after a workout I don't feel some kind of soreness does that mean I didn't get a good workout? I mean soreness is due to muscle breakdown right? No breakdown, no muscle build up? And I'm not talking about not being intense enough. That's not the case. Rarely happens, but it does.

For me that has been the case. You remember the first day you were at the gym? You were sore because you shocked your body, and it had to adapt. If I'm not sore after a workout, I see it as an opportunity to completely mix it up and throw my body off on the next workout.

My 2c

Comment

psycko....... bro it is almost impossible to be sore EVERTIME. And even if you do not get sore the following day, doesnt mean you didnt still stimulate the muscle into growing and break the tissue down. Soreness depends on a LOTTTTTT of things including what you ate, how much you ate, how much sleep you got, how heavy you went, what kinda reps you hit, how use to the same workout your body is, ect.....

Best way to keep that type of growth to continue is to always try to mix things up. Dont feel the need to always keep the same workouts. I mix up chest routines very often (more then anyone else I know), but thats because Im not on a set course. Im not out to be a bodybuilder, Im not out to be a power lifter, Im just out for the sport and to get big (also set personal goals if possible.) Some days I will go to a MAX weight, some days I will get CRAZY and go with 25-125 reps on certain excersises. It all depends on how bad I want to mix things up. I can tell you this, I can get you to go VERY light for 45 minutes and your body part will hurt for 3 days. Doesnt always matter how heavy you go, just the intensity and the CHANGE in excersises, reps, rest between sets, ect..... If you ever want a workout, you know where to get ahold of me. PEACE! KIR.

Comment

Yeah, pretty simple but it all makes a hell of a lot of sense. Thanx guys.

Comment

There has never been a chest workout that I haven't been sore afterwards but I find it tough to get my back and shoulders very sore. arms and legs are easy

Comment

Working...
          X