Post your tricep workout!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post your tricep workout!

So I started concentrating more on my triceps on my journey to having 20" arms :D

I start with 5 sets of dips, followed by 4 sets of skull crushers, 4 sets of one-arm DB arm extensions, always ending with 4 sets of some sort of cable exercise -- rope or the V bar.

One some days when I want an extra pump, I might do 3-4 sets of cable or DB kickbacks as well.

I would say dips and skull crushers have been my primary mass builders.

What do ya'll do?

This all depends on if Im doing triceps on chest day or on Arm day. If I do them on chest day I normally hit 6 sets. 3 sets of heavy weighted dips (like my fat ass isnt enough right...lol), and then 3 sets of dumbell "skull crushers".

On my arm days, although I do change up a lot, I may hit something like this:

1 warm up, then 3 sets of close grip (very good form making sure I dont draw in my chest and shoulders to help with the weight much). (8-10 reps)

3 sets of STRAIGHT bar skull crushers (8-10 reps)

3 sets of cable push downs (but with this leather hand strap I got that is slightly different then the roaps and much better in my opinion for great range of motion and form). (8-10 CLEAN reps, no shoulders involved)

3 sets of overhead cable extensions. Once again with my leather hand strap device but the roap works ok also. (this I do nice slowww reps and pause at full extension for 2 seconds.)

Well that is one workout for tri's I do, but like I said I mix it up every workout.

PEACE! KIR

Comment

I do them after chest

Right now
      Over head presses- 10,8,8
      skull crushers- 10,8,8
      pushdowns- 10,10

Comment

Close grip presses 3sets
        Press down 3 sets
        Dips until failure

Comment

I'd like to add, that if bros are having problems with elbow pains, they should do 3 sets of lite pushdowns to get the elbows lubed up before forcing the elbows to withhold major weight. Just an idea for some of you.

PEACE! KIR

Comment

3x Pushdowns
            3x Lying Extensions
            3x Kick Backs (light weight)
            3x Bar dips or close grip press.

all of the above do not include warm up sets sometimes 2x12

Comment

those kickbacks are good.

the first I time I did kickbacks, I thought: well I can do sitting extensions with 55lb DB so I grabbed a 20lb DB...FUCCCK.. had to reach out for 10lb or even 5lb DB to extend my arm. Although after that workout I couldn't extend my arm all the way for a few days.

Comment

You might want to end with one arm cable press downs. Using a cable crossover handle, I do right hand with downward grip, then left, then right with upward grip, then left. Works great.

Comment

5x Bench Dips (12-10-8-6-12)
                  1x SkullCrushers with long bar(12)
                  1x or 2x Lying DB Extentions(12-12)

It may not seem like a lot but I work out at home, and I do all upperbody on one day.

Comment

Working...
                  X