Who has a partner to train with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has a partner to train with?

I don't but I wish I did. I think my workouts would be so much better if I had someone pushing to work harder. Don't get me wrong I workout hard I just thought it would be nice to have a partner. What do you guys think?

I work out with my wife. We push each other and it's nice to have a light spot sometimes. It works out good cause she can only help a little anyway so I am forced to do most of the work but still get some help if I need it on that last rep.

Plus I taouhgt her how to lift and spot so I know she knows what she is doing. Some people just don't know how to spot for shit. I had one guy yank the barbell out of my hands when all I did was pause a little.

Comment

I had a guy spot me once and he pretty much had his nuts in my face the whole time

Comment

:rofl: :rofl: LOL :rofl: :rofl:

I do that to my wife. :D
        The only bad thing is sometimes when I'm spotting her I loose track cause I'm staring at her tits.
        6 1/2 years and I still can't take my eyes off her.

Comment

Thats another thing. They have aerobics classes were I workout at and you can see the class when your working out. Sometimes I just sit there and stair.

Comment

I work out at home alone so I don't have a spotter. Yes, I realize it's not safe, but I'd only need one when benching. Otherwise I actually enjoy working out by myself than with someone.

Comment

I don't normally use a spotter either. I just think it would be nice to have someone to motivate me.

Comment

I find it better to work out alone at the gym and when you need a spotter, just ask someone there.

Comment

Having that person pushing is nice at times but sucks at other times. In the past 2 years I have gone through 3 partners and they always seem to quit on me. I guess I just push them too hard. But I always lied my gains when I had a partner. Now I just ask someone in the gym if I need a spot. But I do agree that most people don't know the proper way to spot.

Comment

my training budy is probably the best one a guy could want
                    hes freekishly strong , and pushes me to limits that i didn`t even know existed ..in return i keep him motivated to go cause hes affraid i`m gonna catch up to him so he always has to stay just that little bit ahead of me ... wich of cource pisses me off and i push even harder
                    so
                    as you see it is a great thing to have a great partner as long as he/she has the same drive or desiare as you do

Comment

Originally posted by BLEACH864
                      I had a guy spot me once and he pretty much had his nuts in my face the whole time
                      OMG!:rofl: :rofl: That's too FREEKIN' FUNNY! Man, I wish I had my old personal trainer back. He'd kick my butt! I just couldn't justify the additional $350/month after my daughter was born. Oh well...

Comment

When my sons lived at home we worked out together, but now i work out alone. Benches are the only thing I worry about, so I won't put as much on the bar, just in case, although I know i can handle much more weight. I just do more "burn outs" and higher reps and sets. i have had 5 or 6 people who said they wanted to work out with me and they usually show up once or twice, or later than i've told them to be at my house. When I'm ready to start, I want to start, so I told them if they can't be on time, just don't come. I'd like to have a good workout partner who could hang with me, but since i rest very little between sets, typically less than a minute, they might slow me down while they do their set. BB

Comment

i wish i had a partner, my girlfriend sometimes spots me, which is great for that last rep. i just want someone who will push me every workout till i move my own body

Comment

Originally posted by bonebreaker
                            When my sons lived at home we worked out together, but now i work out alone. Benches are the only thing I worry about, so I won't put as much on the bar, just in case, although I know i can handle much more weight. I just do more "burn outs" and higher reps and sets. i have had 5 or 6 people who said they wanted to work out with me and they usually show up once or twice, or later than i've told them to be at my house. When I'm ready to start, I want to start, so I told them if they can't be on time, just don't come. I'd like to have a good workout partner who could hang with me, but since i rest very little between sets, typically less than a minute, they might slow me down while they do their set. BB
                            happens to me all the time....they're one and done.....but they leave on wobbly legs:rofl:

Comment

I don't have a workout partner, and just have my brother spot me on bench press. I wish I had a partner, but every other guy I in my area thats around my age could not take it serious enough and keep to a schedule.

-Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X